Cruise Control

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Re: Cruise Control

Postby joeishmather » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:32 pm

Job done! :-)
Honestly easy as pie.. Most difficult part was sticking in the control.

I took some photos n I'll post them tomorrow if not tonight! :-)

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:43 pm

See here as I've written a how to guide, hopefully usefull to anyone wanting to do this...viewtopic.php?f=13&t=16454

seanog5
Currently Drives:: Megane GT DCi

Postby seanog5 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:14 am

if i am using the original stalk and want the + and - the right way round, which way round do i do the resistors! i got confused!

armagedon

Postby armagedon » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:25 pm

Hi,

Was anyone successful in retrofitting cruise control on Megane without the cruise/limiter loom connector already prepared?

I have looked behind the light adjustment panel and could not find the extra connector (my Megane 2005 has the lower trim - I am not sure how it is called, but it is not 'Dynamic')

Thanks!

ricpearce
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 CC 1.9DCI 130BHP Privilege

Postby ricpearce » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:04 pm

Hi Guys

Just a quick note to say I've just successfully completed a cruise control retrofit to my 1.9dci megane convertible cc.

It had the spare white socket behind the switch panel so it's taken a second hand switch panel, a new Squib £160, used steering wheel switches and a used airbag. I'd bought a used squib but been sold a duff one (the ribbons break) so I couldn't be bothered with the risk again.

All working and standard looking except for the dash display which needs dealer activation.

Word of advice to anyone looking for a used squib. Only buy via eBay with a guarantee and best to ask them to circuit test the ribbon circuits if possible. Most important is get the squib with the cruise circuits in the ribbon. These have an extra black socket where you need to attach the steering wheel cruise switches.

MeganeIICC
Currently Drives:: M II CC

Postby MeganeIICC » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:28 am

I can vouch for this procedure as well.

I have just enabled the already built-in cruise control in my trusty old 2004 Megane II CC!
Y A Y
It's SO satisfying that it works, despite my sorry-ass lack of ability in soldering :)

And it cost only a button for the panel, the three resistors (100ohm,271ohm,904ohm is working), a short piece of wire and the old disabled RadioStalk.
A total of 10£

Much cheaper than trying to get one of those squib/slip-rings with enough wires for the airbag steeringwheel buttons...
( Which I bought used, and now owns ;-) )

Thanks to this (and other boards) for documenting how to do this !!
( And thanks to the french eletronics engineers that doesn't always suck as hard as people tend to claim :grin )

Return to “Modifications”