Cruise Control

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

cncrd

Postby cncrd » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:50 am

kmarty wrote:
cncrd wrote:I did not see 270 ohm and 100 ohm in the picture.
100 ohm is on upper left corner (near yellow point), 270 ohm is bottom (between two switches) on the same picture. 900 ohm resistor is only "painted" (now, I have used two resistors, 820 ohm and 82 ohm, in serial because I had not more 900 ohm resistors - the one was broken as you see on picture).
cncrd wrote:where I will connect these resistors?
And We need any extra connection?

you can see it on the picture + comments in each picture (where you need cut original connection, where attach new wiring). I think it only as example, nothing more (mainly because I don't know english well and I cannot write better guide). I am sure you will carefully check each connection with ohmmeter.
cncrd wrote:are these connection(radio control unit) enough for cc?
In fact, CC is already in your car. You only need switch for selection between cruise control and speed limiter and control buttons for CC. Two wires from ECU ending in steering pillar, in same connector where are wires for airbag. on this two wires you need connect this. How you implement it is only your idea. I used remote control of car radio.

Sorry for any wrong placed word, I really don't know english. Half of this was written with the dictionary. Sorry.

kmarty,
both(speed limiter and cruise control) are run well?
And I don't understant where to connect these(speed limiter and cruise control)switch?
I think we must connect 2 wires from radio control unit to there(in this picture)

kmarty
Learner Driver

Postby kmarty » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:34 am

cncrd wrote:kmarty,
And I don't understant where to connect these(speed limiter and cruise control)switch?
Wires along with connector for CC/SL switch is under this plate:
(picture is from spanish forum)

You must change it like this:
Under plastic bonnet it is this:

You should find the white connector with five wires not conected to anything. This is connector for CC/SL switch. If you find it, you have almost won (unfortunately I heard that some Megane's have not CC/SL wiring preparation so search it before you begin any step about CC/SL. I have no idea what to do without this wiring preparation. I know one man which have not this wiring, so he trying find the right pins on ECU, but I still have no info if he was successful).

Needed parts:
  • 82 00 079 020 - Plastic bonnet (switches holder)
  • 82 00 193 673 - blind flange (I have not ESP nor its switch)
  • 82 00 107 841 - CC/SL switch
and "optionally" (not needed if you use another four push-buttons for controlling CC/SL):
  • 82 00 103 769 - car radio remote control (used unreversible as "thing with four buttons")
MEGΛNE Expression Grand Tour/Grandtour/Estate/Tourer 1.6 automat - 2005
sorry for my poor english
Image (Image)

cncrd

Postby cncrd » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:19 am

cncrd

Postby cncrd » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:19 am

kmarty
Learner Driver

Postby kmarty » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:30 am

But everything what I said here is already on that spanish forum :-)

Image (Image)

MrAsia
Advanced Driver

Postby MrAsia » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:40 am

That helps alot! I was always thinking it was where the fuses was. My car is RHS.
Remapped Mégane 1.6L

cncrd

Postby cncrd » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:19 am

kmarty wrote:
cncrd wrote:kmarty,
Wires along with connector for CC/SL switch is under this plate:
(picture is from spanish forum)

You must change it like this:
Under plastic bonnet it is this:

You should find the white connector with five wires not conected to anything. This is connector for CC/SL switch. If you find it, you have almost won (unfortunately I heard that some Megane's have not CC/SL wiring preparation so search it before you begin any step about CC/SL. I have no idea what to do without this wiring preparation. I know one man which have not this wiring, so he trying find the right pins on ECU, but I still have no info if he was successful).

Needed parts:
  • 82 00 079 020 - Plastic bonnet (switches holder)
  • 82 00 193 673 - blind flange (I have not ESP nor its switch)
  • 82 00 107 841 - CC/SL switch
and "optionally" (not needed if you use another four push-buttons for controlling CC/SL):
  • 82 00 103 769 - car radio remote control (used unreversible as "thing with four buttons")

unfurtunately I have no preparition wire :cry:

John_Hansen

Cruise Control

Postby John_Hansen » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:55 pm

:-) I've just done this to my UK spec 2.0vvt Tourer (54 reg).

The CC/SL switch is the usual rip off price in the UK. Just unde £10

I used a 4 switch keypad for the controls.

Seems to work.

Would be nice to get the Information display/dash board to indicate operation and speed. Does anyone know how to do this?

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Re: Cruise Control

Postby cactusbob » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:10 am

[quote="John_Hansen]Would be nice to get the Information display/dash board to indicate operation and speed. Does anyone know how to do this?[/quote]

A Renault dealer can turn this on for you
225 5dr FF + Xenons
http://www.meganesport.net

The Negotiator
Learner Driver

Postby The Negotiator » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:21 am

I might attempt this, has anybody got any advice or hints at all please?

I haven't got ESP so will need a new switch panel with switch (the connector is there waiting).
I will need a 4 switch system, seems like a Megane II remote is the best to use? - How does this get fitted to the column area?

Limited parts available on ebay which is a little disappointing!
Was: '52 Megane 1.9dci dynamique with everything standard plus: electrically folding mirrors, handsfree locking, climate control, heated seats, panoramic glass roof, in-dash CD changer, TunePoint iPod, etc. etc.
Now: '55 Laguna Initiale

John_Hansen

Postby John_Hansen » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:36 pm

Well the much suggested satellite control is pretty difficult to find and fit.

What I used was a 4 switch keypad from RS made by a company called Storm see here https://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/sear ... &R=0198264. There is a link to s data sheet on this page https://docs-europe.electrocomponents.co ... 02b550.pdf. I did check Maplin but they have nothing equivalent. CPC has some adhesive backed membrane keypads here https://cpc.farnell.com/SW02461/componen ... OMP-4214A1

I removed the connector and then built the resistor circuit in the space at the back and then used some ribbon cable for the connection to the connector beneath the steering wheel. Oh and put double sided foam backed adhesive to hold it on. I mounted it on the dash to the right of the steering wheel.

kmarty
Learner Driver

Postby kmarty » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:58 pm

John_Hansen wrote:see here https://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/sear ... &R=0198264...
None of links are complete thus unreadable. Please, can you post them again?
Thank you

Image (Image)

John_Hansen

Postby John_Hansen » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:38 pm

I guess that is a problem of the forum. Anyone who wants the links send me a private message. Link in post below do work now.
Last edited by John_Hansen on Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

John_Hansen

Postby John_Hansen » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:45 pm

Try this
Well the much suggested satellite control is pretty difficult to find and fit.

What I used was a 4 switch keypad from RS made by a company called Storm see here https://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/sear ... &R=0198264. There is a link to s data sheet on this page https://docs-europe.electrocomponents.co ... 02b550.pdf. I did check Maplin but they have nothing equivalent. CPC has some adhesive backed membrane keypads here https://cpc.farnell.com/SW02461/componen ... OMP-4214A1

I removed the connector and then built the resistor circuit in the space at the back and then used some ribbon cable for the connection to the connector beneath the steering wheel. Oh and put double sided foam backed adhesive to hold it on. I mouned it on the dash to the right of the steering wheel.

kmarty
Learner Driver

Postby kmarty » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:47 pm

Use [url]BBCode in this syntax: [url=https://some.where.to/site]Link example[/url]
This will work.

Image (Image)

Return to “Modifications”