Cruise Control

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

BlueMeganeII
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 3 door 2.0 VVT Dynamique - Sunroof, 17" Alloys, Keyless Entry and start
55 Grand Espace Initial, Xenons, Leather, Sunroof, Keyless, Sat Nav, Tyre Pressure sensors, 18" Alloys, Roof spoiler/bars.

Re: Cruise Control

Postby BlueMeganeII » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:45 pm

OK that pic makes sense - go for it. Connectors are white on both my Megane and Scenic, on the Scenic its sat in a holder and on the Megane its velcroed to the light controls.

Gedegumler
Currently Drives:: 1,6 Megane 2004 Estate

Postby Gedegumler » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:59 am

Does anyone know if it is possible to fit the switches for cc if the wires are not allready installed? Perhaps a wire diagram to ECU or something like that.

Yorick
Currently Drives:: 1.5dci 2005 5 door megane.
Best MPG: 86.8

Postby Yorick » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:58 am

Everything is possible but it's going to be a hell of a job!

I was wondering if the mirror switch would fit in my (inside) door handle. Would be nice if I could use one of those switches to control my cruise control!!!

(This is a pic of clio door handle btw)

mte

Postby mte » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:05 pm

Hi,
Do I need to disconnect the car battery when dealing with the wires or not? The last thing I would want is some airbag to jump out...
Thanks,
matej

kmarty
Learner Driver

Postby kmarty » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:10 pm

I did it. I disconnect battery, wait a few minutes, then plays with wires. Better safe than sorry.

(Proste ji radsi odpoj a chvili pockej. Sichr je sichr.)
MEGΛNE Expression Grand Tour/Grandtour/Estate/Tourer 1.6 automat - 2005
sorry for my poor english
Image (Image)

Yorick
Currently Drives:: 1.5dci 2005 5 door megane.
Best MPG: 86.8

Postby Yorick » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:46 am

That's not necessary if you use the correct wires.

shadowswan
Passed Theory

Postby shadowswan » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:34 pm

Sorry to drag up an old topic but this seems to be the best collection (in english) of this info!

Wondering if anyone knows the parameter that needs changing to turn the screen on?

Friend of mine has a cable and software that can change all sorts of things but a little worried about killing my car!

Don't really want to pay renault £85 if he can do it for free!

John_Hansen

Postby John_Hansen » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:30 pm

In my workshop manual it say's

CF150
Cruise control / Speed limiter
Choice with or without
There is also this comment;

Up to version 33, inclusively, of fault finding tool: After configuring the instrument panel, switch off the engine, wait a minute, disconnect then reconnect the battery to validate the new configurations.
Starting with version 34 of the fault finding tool, validation takes effect as soon as the new configuration is done with the tool.

My opinion having activated the display is that it is not really a benefit as yes you know the set speed but then every time you you go in and out of cruise control it tells you this and that can be a tad annoying and needs to be reset back to the value you normally display eg trip. The speedo reading is spot on what the set value is.

So the perceived benefit may not be there.

shadowswan
Passed Theory

Postby shadowswan » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:16 pm

John_Hansen wrote:In my workshop manual it say's

CF150
Cruise control / Speed limiter
Choice with or without
There is also this comment;

Up to version 33, inclusively, of fault finding tool: After configuring the instrument panel, switch off the engine, wait a minute, disconnect then reconnect the battery to validate the new configurations.
Starting with version 34 of the fault finding tool, validation takes effect as soon as the new configuration is done with the tool.

My opinion having activated the display is that it is not really a benefit as yes you know the set speed but then every time you you go in and out of cruise control it tells you this and that can be a tad annoying and needs to be reset back to the value you normally display eg trip. The speedo reading is spot on what the set value is.

So the perceived benefit may not be there.

Ok will have a play - his software wouldn't let me do it in the end, only had fixed ecu remaps, asked him about it and he got the cable from ebay that just goes from the diagnostic socket to USB is the cable one would need and can anyone recommend any software? I like to be able to have control over these things so don't mind spending a bit if needed! Like to have the choice of changing other settings if needed as well without having to call renault each time...

Thanks for your help :)

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:01 pm

Shadowswan, have you retrofitted cruise control to your car, if so could you give me some help and advice as I'm thinking of doing the same.. Did you replace the steering wheel or do something else?

Any help and advice would be great,

Cheers, Joe

shadowswan
Passed Theory

Postby shadowswan » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:09 pm

Have bought all the parts and done a dry run with chocolate block connectors (what are they really called?) I am going to set it up properly next weekend when I have enough time to do the job well and hide the wires. Reading through this topic it seems that you can't replace the steering wheel really, as there are all sorts of problems with the airbag, otherwise I would have done it. For my dry run I used some old switches I had left over from another project but to do it properly I have ordered http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/cruisecontrols/CM30-stalkcommandmodule.htm to try and make this look as standard as possible. Other than that the other parts needed are listed above, there are some modifications to the switch by the drivers knee but other than that its just 3 resistors, the system is already build into the car, you just need to activate it and provide it with a controller.

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:41 pm

When you do the fitting next weekend it'd be really great if you could take some pics n do a guide, :-)

Please! :-D

Been wanting to do this for ages but never dared do it, didn't want to get the resistors wrong, or attach wires in the wrong place!

Thank you, Joe

joeishmather
F1 Driver

Postby joeishmather » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:44 pm

Also how much was the control stalk? Looks mice, if I do it think I'll use the same..

shadowswan
Passed Theory

Postby shadowswan » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:48 pm

joeishmather wrote:When you do the fitting next weekend it'd be really great if you could take some pics n do a guide, :-)
Please! :-D
Been wanting to do this for ages but never dared do it, didn't want to get the resistors wrong, or attach wires in the wrong place
Thank you, Joe

Will have a go!

Feeling a bit nervous about breaking my new car but should be fine :/

joeishmather wrote:Also how much was the control stalk? Looks mice, if I do it think I'll use the same..

The stalk was £60 from the link I provided above, hang off on ordering one for now though as I have ordered it partially to see if it works! Will let you know what I find! If not will need to look at some other options

The other parts needed are

kmarty wrote:
  • 82 00 079 020 - Plastic bonnet (switches holder)
  • 82 00 193 673 - blind flange (I have not ESP nor its switch)
  • 82 00 107 841 - CC/SL switch
and "optionally" (not needed if you use another four push-buttons for controlling CC/SL):
  • 82 00 103 769 - car radio remote control (used unreversible as "thing with four buttons")

joeishmather
F1 Driver

Postby joeishmather » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Thanks that'd be so great, I'll hang on with that then :-)

Can't wait till you do it so I can have a go too! Fingers crossed everything goes well, sure it will.

Thanks again, Joe

Return to “Modifications”