Dash lights and white dials

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

cockneycowboy
Currently Drives:: megane 2 privilege

Dash lights and white dials

Postby cockneycowboy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:54 pm

Does anyone know how to change the dash bulbs,and is there any white dial kits for a 2004 megane ? Thanks

mattyc25
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: megane mk2

Re: Dash lights and white dials

Postby mattyc25 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:38 pm

you can change the dials to ones from a model 06 onwards.. I think. not entirely sure if the dials fitment is the same but its the whole unit that will need changing. You can change the colour of your current dials but it's a lot of work. its a major overhaul with a soldering iron, if you chose to do this make sure you get the correct size led's. without a powerful magnifier its impossible. this mod has been done, not by me but its been done. only reason I know this is because I contemplated giving it a shot, until I realised how much work it entailed. I have an 08 megane, so my dials are the one's with the colours your after.

If you do go down the changing the unit road.. if the fitment is the same, the plugs in the back could be different I don't know, I would go to a scrapyard for the part, as I cant Imagine it being cheap to buy new.

matt
2009 Megane MK2 1.6 16v VVT, Rear Tinted Windows, 18 Kei Force 10 Hyper Black, Painted Calipers, Lowered 45mm, Full 12000k HID's, R26.R Spoiler

MartyW
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane CC 1.6 VVT in Ottoman Blue

Re: Dash lights and white dials

Postby MartyW » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:13 pm

The plugs on the 06> are totally different to the ones before.

The LED'S can be changed i did mine and if your handy with a soldering iron then its not to bad a job but if your not i wouldn't touch it.

Return to “Modifications”