Fitting a Megane 225 Exhaust onto my Megane 1.4 16v 53 plate

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

iddyfita
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.4 Extreme

Fitting a Megane 225 Exhaust onto my Megane 1.4 16v 53 plate

Postby iddyfita » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:39 am

Hi Guys,

I have bought a complete Megane 225 Exhaust system today for £60 on eBay intending to fit it to my Megane 1.4 16v 225 Replica...

I know I wont exactly gain anything performance wise, but I am only after the looks of the 225. My current mods are as follows;

225 Front & Rear Bumpers
...and that is it, for the moment aha :D

Right... I have the 225 Backbox with twin tail pipes and instead of trying to change the whole exhaust system (don't know if this can even be done) i'm looking on swapping just the standard 1.4 backbox for the 225 one. As my current 1.4 Exhaust system is as one, I am planning to chop my current exhaust pipe just before the old backbox, obviously with a few inches to spare. This is probably a dumb question, but how would I go about joining the pipe from my old system onto the new 225 backbox What is the diameter of the 1.4 system pipe before the backbox, and the diameter of the 225 pipe?
Are they both the same diameter, so all I would need is a sleeve and clamps, or are they different meaning a reducer would be needed?
Maybe a link to the correct mm sleeve/reducer would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if im sounding thick, im 19 with hardly no knowledge of exhaust systems.

I have looked all day and night through forums and so on, with some great information relating to this post, although none seem to have any information regarding the joining of the exhausts (mm's etc...)

Also, would there be a noise difference with the 225 backbox on the small 1.4 engine because if not, maybe just cutting off the tailpipes and welding them onto the old 1.4 abckbox maybe easier.

I will post some pics up soon to show you guys and maybe it will help others who are looking at doing something similar

I appreciate all replys to this post and would like to thank all of you in advance! :)
Love my megane

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Re: Fitting a Megane 225 Exhaust onto my Megane 1.4 16v 53 p

Postby joeishmather » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:11 am

I've done this on my megane 1.5dci you will need clamps and a reducer, i had one made by a local exhaust place for £15 as I wanted the fit to be spot on. Hope that helps,

iddyfita
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.4 Extreme

Postby iddyfita » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:25 pm

Thanks for the reply!

I managed to find a reducer from my local autoparts store for £8 and bought some exhaust glue stuff too to seal the joint.

Ive managed to get it fitted just right after two attempts...
The first attempt left the two outlets wonkey which was due to me not taking the pipe back before the backbox enough

Anyway it is all sorted now and it looks fab!

Oh and your megane looks great ive seen your posts mate!
Love my megane

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:02 pm

Thanks mate, appreciate that!
One thing I'll add is check the exhaust stuff you used is silicone based so it doesn't go chalky and dry out, I've had this happen n than the exhaust blows!
Anyhow think we need some pics of yours up now!

leapope
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane

Postby leapope » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:29 pm

was it straight forward I brought the bumper and exhuast this week but reading this makes it sound like it's going to be a easy job shall I cut my pipe put the reducer and slip the back box on or will I need more

Return to “Modifications”