Got an idea - would like advise.....***UPDATE***

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

dean-weston
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 54 Megane 2 - 1.6VVT

Got an idea - would like advise.....***UPDATE***

Postby dean-weston » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:31 am

Hi guys, so i have a 54 1.6 5door Megane in the nice blue - but I’m getting a bit tired with its stock looks - so I was thinking of a few subtle changes to give it a fresh appearance, but id like you advise before I start spending money....

firstly I plan to lower it by 35mm with some new springs > https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FK-RENAULT-ME ... 896wt_1039

secondly I’m wanting to fit some Clio cup 182 wheels > https://www.clio-sport.co.uk/wp-content/ ... 257933.jpg

then I’m wanting to paint the gray bumper and door strips to match the bodywork, something like > https://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn21 ... CN0487.jpg

and finally do a few cosmetics like, paint the brake callipers, Cupra R front Splitter, Boot Lip Spoiler...

what do you think, and does anyone have any tips etc >

thanks
Last edited by dean-weston on Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wazzy
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.6 VVT Dynamique

Re: Got an idea - would like advise.....please

Postby Wazzy » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:49 pm

Colour coding the grey bumpers was the first thing I did with mine, changes the look of the car completely definately advise that first!

Springs I am currently looking at (I personally wouldn't go with anything other than Eibach just for the confidence in them) and also some hub centric spacers for the rear to make it not look so lost. I think -35mm is the limit if you want to be able to clear speed bumps still and if I get mine fitted before you do I'll let you know.

Wheels, please do a better job than that picture haha, 2 Shades of grey looks horrible. Not sure you can fit that type without new hubs as I believe they're 5 stud, may be wrong.
These look amazing on a megane: https://j-w-racing.co.uk/shopimages/prod ... smo_GT.jpg
Should've taken a picture of the one I saw last week.

Good luck!

DK-brun
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Mégane II Tourer, Dynamique 2,0 16v

Postby DK-brun » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:46 pm

My Megane is lowered about 50mm, and I haven't discovered any problems with speed bumps or anything else yet. I live in Denmark thoug. Don't know how cruel the speed bumps of yours are :)

As Wazzy said, colour code your grey bumpers! IMO it looks silly with those bumpers in gray.

And honestly, I would not ask any other people how they think MY car should look like :) You can get that many different answers, which could be in so many different styles, it will look akward on your car. If you have an idea on how the looks of the car of yours should be, then follow it. You know best what you like, right :)
Kasper Brun
Renault Mégane II Tourer, Dynamique 2,0 16v

Sadret89
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: RENAULT MEGANE 1.5dci 80, INDUCTION KIT, 8K XENON HEADLIGHTS, 225 SPORT FULL BODY-KIT & EXHAUST SYSTEM, SOUND SYSTEM, TDI TUNING BOX, EDC BLACK STUFF FRONT BRAKE PADS

Postby Sadret89 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:17 am

Wouldnt go for the 182 wheels, they get lost in the arches of the Megane!
Check out the progress viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13676

dean-weston
Learner Driver

Postby dean-weston » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:48 am

I think you're right, im going to avoid the wheels, and possibly refurb the standard alloys and have them painted. - will keep updated with pics as i go > got the front and side strips primed and ready for paint, low funds have put a temp stop to the rear, hope to continue next weekend with that one.

dean-weston
Learner Driver

Postby dean-weston » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:24 pm

So, got some more work done >

After some serious wet sanding on the front plastic >
Primed back bumper >
Got some paint on it, this is 1st coat >

dean-weston
Learner Driver

Re: Got an idea - would like advise.....***UPDATE***

Postby dean-weston » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:34 pm

Well, bit of an update for anyone intrested, got all the plastics done and on the car.... one or two little mistakes but nothing major, and im a novice

Blackpoolsmc
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.6 16v vvt 2005

Postby Blackpoolsmc » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:20 am

What is the correct colour code to use for your blue colour? and what spray did you use?

dean-weston
Learner Driver

Postby dean-weston » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:52 am

Ill get the code on sat and update for you, but i got halfords to mix it up - infact i used all halfords products to do it, plastic filler primer / celulose / sandpaper / rubbing compound / polish.... and a spraygun/compressor

Return to “Modifications”