Wheel fitment

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

almcgrail
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Megane II tourer 130

Wheel fitment

Postby almcgrail » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:25 pm

How would i get 5 stud 225 wheels on my 4 stud without using overpriced adapters? could i go to scrapyard and get the hubs off a 225?
Also if the wheels were welded and re-drilled to 4 stud where would i go and what would i expect to pay?

almcgrail
Pass Plus

Re: Wheel fittment

Postby almcgrail » Tue May 01, 2012 8:51 am

And if the wheels were re-drilled?

almcgrail
Pass Plus

Postby almcgrail » Tue May 01, 2012 7:35 pm

Does anybody else have an idea? Is that £220 for adapters because i was wondering if i could swap hubs easily? so can i swap hubs?

tres103
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: megane sport 175dci

Postby tres103 » Wed May 02, 2012 8:24 am

Can't change hubs with doing all the suspension with it so would cost you more in the long run.get wheels and pay the 220 for adapters.

myksterx
Currently Drives:: 1.4 oasis limited edition megane

Postby myksterx » Wed May 02, 2012 12:55 pm

where is it £220 for adaptors?

Nickgeemaster
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.9 dci 130

Postby Nickgeemaster » Wed May 09, 2012 11:33 am

No idea where to get them from for 220 but ones I got cost 320 from concept wheels.
Check out my posts on wheel adapters there's pics so you'll know what to expect.
It is expensive but well worth it.

almcgrail
Pass Plus

Postby almcgrail » Wed May 09, 2012 9:35 pm

Eddie- wrote:IMHO i've never came across a forum with as many lazy and to be honest ignorant people in all my life.

You expect eveything to be spoon feed to you ffs sign off the forum and go look!!
AS said in about a billion other post google/yellow pages/motor factor's/ebay/wheel forums will all have conversion kit's

and If you think i'm being a dick and having a go, good casue i am there's several sites runnning conversion kits from 180£ upwards sometimes less
https://www.superforma.co.uk/index.php?r ... duct_id=94
https://www.knightracer.com/shop/index.p ... 73_118_120
and if your gonna yap saying they wont fit my wheel's
use your common sense ring them and get a set made
https://www.superforma.co.uk/wheel-space ... el-spacers

and yet again all that within 2 min's but no seems like a days work, even though the above information will be of no use casue your only going to say about it on a forum

Rant over/

Doesn't hurt to ask questions tho does it.

myksterx

Postby myksterx » Thu May 10, 2012 10:09 am

Can't believe what I'm reading here.
if you take a look I replied to 5 threads all asking the same information, some going as far back as last year with no reply (with the answer) and you come along with some great information with links, but add attitude and a *rant* with it.

Now I'm not here for an arguement, I am a long member of talkford as I also own a mondeo st replica, not once have I come across someone *ranting* they are there to help when needed, and I've been a member for 2 years helping others, posting mods and tutorials etc.

Now I have come over to a new project of a 225 replica on this forum, the last thing a new user wants (especially one who is willing to give something back) is posts being sarcastic, horrible and offensive to the newbies on the forum.

I have sourced a company in the usa willing to create an adaptor for 224 plus 35 delivery (2 piece kit) and I am currently in talks and I was coming back to the forum to hopefully have some help on the measurements the bloke has asked me to take. Ie, how would I measure, does anyone have the measurements etc - I won't even bother now I don't think if it means I get my head bitten off for being new!

I thought communities like this stick together to help people in the future? my bad I must be on a different planet.

Hope I havnt over stepped the mark as a newbie commenting like this, this is far from a rant, its expressing my feeling about the above post, not good....

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Thu May 10, 2012 9:30 pm

From here they are £320 plus £15 posted
https://www.concept-wheels.be/shop/cart. ... 83935c7982
This is the link from nickgeemaster ;-)

Some people on here are more chilled and friendly than others! :grin

:pc

myksterx

Postby myksterx » Sun May 13, 2012 9:07 am

No probs Eddie, don't wanna come across as an idiot. Just needed assistance that's all.

Anyhow, thank you for you reply.

Now, I am unsure if this is a good time to finish off this thread or to ask for measurements, but what the hell imam go for it anyways! My car has had body kit fitted, exhaust welded, and 225 wheels refurbed in gloss black, so now I only need the adaptor to get the wheels on there!

Here goes!

The company I sourced asked me for the following measurements, the measurements make sense, although measuring them I am struggling with. They are as follows:

2003 megane 1.6 dynamique measurements:
1) bolt pattern - 4x100
2) hub diameter - now I have not got this measurement, but I am assuming its simply from edge to edge of the hub (correct if I'm wrong)
3) stud size or lug bolt size - I don't know the answer to this one, this is as the email says:

- "stud size or lug bolt size? Does it have studs coming out and you use a lug nut to attach the stock wheels? If so, what size is the stud? If the car takes a lug bolt to attach the stock wheels, please confirm what the thread pitch is? 12mm1.5? 14mm1.5?"

New measurement for 225 wheels:
1) bolt pattern - 5x108
2) centre bore - 60.1
3) what size studs you want coming out of adaptor - unsure of this, I'm assuming the same size as the original fitment? Confirmation please?

Ok the reason I put it as it is above is because it's coming from the USA, and I don't fancy having the adaptor sent out with the wrong measurements that would be a big headache, plus it would conclude this thread and possibly could be pinned at top for future reference for people?

Genuinely hope someone can help.

myksterx

Postby myksterx » Thu May 17, 2012 7:22 am

Still hoping someone could assist with the above measure ments. The guy is asking different measurements to the ones concept wheels are asking for

Return to “Modifications”