Ph1/Ph2 Headlights

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Wazzy
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.6 VVT Dynamique

Ph1/Ph2 Headlights

Postby Wazzy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:03 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently in the midst of having my rear bumper replaced with a Phase 1 which fits straight on near enough, but next I want to do the front bumper as you would..
Only problem is, I'm unsure as to whether I'm going to need new Headlights with the Phase 2 bumper as I prefer it over the Phase 1.
Can anyone clarify if I will or whether this can be overcome somehow?

Just looking into these atm.

Phase 1: https://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/ind ... t&Itemid=1

Phase 2: https://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/ind ... t&Itemid=1

Phase 2 is alot cheaper, and I can't really work out why? Haha. Lights are about £150 if needed.

All help will be greatly appreciated :D

EDIT: Also, has anyone used these people for car parts? https://www.crashrepairparts.com/?_ts=6787
Are they official manufacturer parts etc? Thanks!

Thank you!

Ashcash
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: '55 Plate Renault Megane II, with plans for modification!! :)

Re: Ph1/Ph2 Headlights

Postby Ashcash » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:25 pm

The reason the ph.2 is cheaper is because it isn't supplied with all the grilles and undertray etc which you'll need!

Although the pics are the same if you go and read carefully you'll see that one states just the bumper and the other is supplied as a 'kit'

Wazzy
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.6 VVT Dynamique

Postby Wazzy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:48 am

Ashcash wrote:The reason the ph.2 is cheaper is because it isn't supplied with all the grilles and undertray etc which you'll need!

Although the pics are the same if you go and read carefully you'll see that one states just the bumper and the other is supplied as a 'kit'

But I can over come this problem relatively cheaply, I just need advice on the headlight scenario and if anyone knows, the individual part numbers for the parts because I can't find then :(

MeganeDan87
Currently Drives:: Megane 2, Mk1 Clio 16v track Hybrid

Postby MeganeDan87 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:10 pm

If you want to use a ph2 front bumper you have to use ph2 lights.

The lights on a ph2 are much deeper on the inside by the top slatted grilles.

I know this for definate as today I swapped my Ph1 bumper and lights for ph2 items.
You also need to change the secondary bonnet release pull if going from ph1 - ph2 (& visa versa) as the ph2 one is shaped differently.

Dan

zerosum72
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 CC, Hilux Surf 3.0TD, Rover P6 3500S

Postby zerosum72 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:55 pm

Regarding this topic.
I recently smashed up my phase 1 front bumper (on a fox). I ordered a new pattern part but it arrived broken. The kind eBay lady sent me another. I checked it to make sure it wasn't broken but did not notice it was actually a phase 2 until after I had had it professionally sprayed up in 632 - doh! In my defence I did not unwrap it fully before sending it off to be painted :-(
Now then, do I got for it and change to phase 2 complete? Or do I lob it on ebay sprayed up and try to recoup some losses?
Will a new set of ph2 headlamps and the bumper nail on the front of a ph 1 ok or are there umpteen other parts I need?
I had also bought a new ph 1 front undertray too so I am currently in for about £120 so far.
cheers
Dan
2004 CC

almcgrail
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Megane II tourer 130

Postby almcgrail » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:30 pm

zerosum72 wrote:Regarding this topic.
I recently smashed up my phase 1 front bumper (on a fox). I ordered a new pattern part but it arrived broken. The kind eBay lady sent me another. I checked it to make sure it wasn't broken but did not notice it was actually a phase 2 until after I had had it professionally sprayed up in 632 - doh! In my defence I did not unwrap it fully before sending it off to be painted :-(
Now then, do I got for it and change to phase 2 complete? Or do I lob it on ebay sprayed up and try to recoup some losses?
Will a new set of ph2 headlamps and the bumper nail on the front of a ph 1 ok or are there umpteen other parts I need?
I had also bought a new ph 1 front undertray too so I am currently in for about £120 so far.
cheers
Dan
2004 CC

Name your price, i'm just up the M1

MeganeDan87

Postby MeganeDan87 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:32 pm

Ph2 bumper and lights bolt straight onto the ph1 front panel correct.

However you will need the secondary bonnet catch release pull which is held on by the two 30 Torx bolts on the front panel.
The ph2 one curves so when you pull the release you can pull the black tab through the grill to lift the bonnet.

As I said it will definatly fit as I've done it to mine

zerosum72

Postby zerosum72 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:54 am

almcgrail wrote:
zerosum72 wrote:Regarding this topic.
cheers
Dan
2004 CC

Name your price, i'm just up the M1

You want to buy the ph2 bumper in MV632?

zerosum72

Postby zerosum72 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:22 am

MeganeDan87 wrote:Ph2 bumper and lights bolt straight onto the ph1 front panel correct.

However you will need the secondary bonnet catch release pull which is held on by the two 30 Torx bolts on the front panel.
The ph2 one curves so when you pull the release you can pull the black tab through the grill to lift the bonnet.

So I don't need new headlamp brackets then?

MeganeDan87

Postby MeganeDan87 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:41 am

If you get second hand ph2 headlamps they should come with the brackets. I didn't swap brackets on mine just the lamps with the brackets attached.

I'm 99% sure you shouldn't have to change the brackets.

zerosum72

Postby zerosum72 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:57 pm

Thanks for that. Been looking at some angel eyes as the 2nd hand ones are around the same price as new uns.

zerosum72

Postby zerosum72 » Fri May 04, 2012 7:14 pm

Second thoughts Angel eyes are apparently bit crap as far as lighting the road goes. Is anyone aware of the difference between stock lights ph1 to ph2?

ikhan
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5 DCi (106)

Postby ikhan » Fri May 11, 2012 10:57 am

MeganeDan87 wrote:Ph2 bumper and lights bolt straight onto the ph1 front panel correct.

That's all correct, however, you don't need to replace the complete bonnet catch. I just replaced the pull (even though I bought the whole thingas that's how Renault sell them). If you can get it 2nd hand, just get the pull from a phase 2 car. It's not that its a different shape, its just that he way the phase 2 bumper sits means the old pull is about 2" shorter (the new pull is longer by he same amount).

Everything for the front end is otherwise plug any play - even the headlights. Just make sure you get the ones with the black brackets at the bottom still attached.

The only difference between the phase 1 and 2 lights are their physical shape and the fact tha phase 1's are normal refractor (I think they were available as projector on the sports), and the phase 2 are all projector type.
Renault Megane 1.5dCi (106)
Lowered 45mm (Spax)
RenaultSport R26 Front & Rear Bumpers, Spoilers, Door Bullets, & Exhaust
6000k HIDs (H7 & H11), LED Side, No Plate, & Interior Lights
18" Inovit Tarmac Alloys (matt black)

MeganeDan87

Postby MeganeDan87 » Fri May 11, 2012 7:57 pm

I was pretty confident the ph2 secondary catch pull was a slightly different shape. I compared the two together. Maybe I didn't look properly :)

I did mean the secondary catch release pull, not the catch just incase it caused any confusion.

ckier08
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci

Postby ckier08 » Mon May 21, 2012 4:59 pm

Check out this link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180749376725? ... 2033wt_952

Now I am about to purchase these headlights
These are the same as the R26R Megane

I too am about to change from phase one - phase two

I have purchased the front bumper and the undertray and the spliter and the 3 inserts even from Renault.

Will these lights go straight in yeah?
And what is the story with this bonnet catch? (Will i just go to a scrap yard and buy a bonnet catch off a normal phase 2 yeah?)

Return to “Modifications”