Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

zaid
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane dci 1.9 3dr 2003
Renault Megane dci 1.5 3dr 2006
Renualt 5 GT Turbo (raider) 1990
Honda CBR600RR 2004

remap dci 1.9

Postby zaid » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:40 pm

just to let you know my experience of a remap (more like a piggy back chip that sits on top of the ECU), rather than hearing the sales talk of silly companies, as i struggled to get much feedback from owners.

my car is the 120 bhp 1.9, everything is standard.
i purchased the italian box on ebay for £70, which is simply plug and play, the hardest part of fitting is deciding where you want to strap the chip with a cable tie to your engine bay.
just to bore you the company claimed 154bhp, decrease in fuel consumption by 20% and the megane will be able to fly.

i am very impressed with the increase in torque, the power from the turbocharger pushes better all the way up to 4000rpm (prev up to 3000rpm and then pointless)
over the last three weeks the mpg has increased by .3mpg while pushing it well (no exageration).
for the cons;
i have done 70k miles with my car and do tend to drive it well (as i get a few comments from passengers) and have never changed the clutch, the clutch (before) tended to slip if warmed up a little, and with the extra bit of power does slip if ragged.
in the long run i believe this kit will cost you money as the lifespan of the engine and turbo etc will decrease.

but in the short run will put a smile on your face....not saying the megane before chip didnt make a fun drive.
Zaid.

downsyndromedhorse
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 3DR Black 1.9dci Megane 04 Plate 120 BHP

Re: remap dci 1.9

Postby downsyndromedhorse » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:26 pm

I had one of those fitted for some time also, i was very impressed too.
However i did go for a full remap in the end, and its an even further improvement.

Clutch used to slip with the box but never with the remap, unless you have a car full and slow runs up hills. (Multi-storey car parks with passengers makes it smell a bit!)

Best bit of advice for you is to get a Solid mass flywheel and a new clutch and then get a full remap. That'll put a bigger smile on your face.
3DR Black 1.9dci Megane 04 Plate 160Bhp(ish) - K&N Panel Filter - Full HID Conversion - Pioneer TS-Q131C - Koni -35mm lowering Springs - JVC Head unit - EGR Blanked - Decat fitted

zaid
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane dci 1.9 3dr 2003
Renault Megane dci 1.5 3dr 2006
Renualt 5 GT Turbo (raider) 1990
Honda CBR600RR 2004

Postby zaid » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:04 am

its all about the :grin
i agree with the best thing being a full remap, stronger clutch/flywheel, maybe a little improvement with the respiration (in/out)of the engine?

whats your mpg like after your remap etc. 160bhp sounds fun.

downsyndromedhorse
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 3DR Black 1.9dci Megane 04 Plate 120 BHP

Postby downsyndromedhorse » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:44 pm

Its not been overly great because of a few other issues I've had with the engine, but it was much higher than before.
Also will pull from 1500 to 4500 rpm.

It does make it so much better, just need to find out why my car wobbles when i accelerate!!!
3DR Black 1.9dci Megane 04 Plate 160Bhp(ish) - K&N Panel Filter - Full HID Conversion - Pioneer TS-Q131C - Koni -35mm lowering Springs - JVC Head unit - EGR Blanked - Decat fitted

Return to “Modifications”