Retrofit Powerfold Mirrors - THEY LIVE!

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ikhan
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5 DCi (106)

Re: Retrofit Powerfold Mirrors - THEY LIVE!

Postby ikhan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:18 pm

Tried my latest theory and got both mirrors working! So I don't have a faulty mirror after all, in fact the passenger side mirror folds / unfolds more smoothly than the driver's side (which will be the next thing that annoys me!)

Retrofitting involves a bit of wiring but it's not overly difficult depending on which route you take (there's 2 ways to do this).

I haven't hardwired everything up yet, but at least I know both mirrors work and more importantly that it can be done! I just need to find a way of bringing a couple of wires from the mirror into the car.

I'll do a little write-up after I've finished it off (just put everything back to how it was for now).

Happy days.
Renault Megane 1.5dCi (106)
Lowered 45mm (Spax)
RenaultSport R26 Front & Rear Bumpers, Spoilers, Door Bullets, & Exhaust
6000k HIDs (H7 & H11), LED Side, No Plate, & Interior Lights
18" Inovit Tarmac Alloys (matt black)

Ashcash
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: '55 Plate Renault Megane II, with plans for modification!! :)

Postby Ashcash » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:48 pm

Well done chap!

A tutorial would be cool!

iRenault
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II, ph. 1 (2004)

Postby iRenault » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:59 pm

Ashcash wrote:Well done chap!

A tutorial would be cool!

I agree on the tutorial part; congratulations!
User's signature unvalid.

Understeer is when the driver is scared, oversteer is when the passengers are scared.

filipeT
Currently Drives:: Megane II Estate 1.4 16v

Postby filipeT » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:47 pm

ikhan wrote:Tried my latest theory and got both mirrors working! So I don't have a faulty mirror after all, in fact the passenger side mirror folds / unfolds more smoothly than the driver's side (which will be the next thing that annoys me!)

Retrofitting involves a bit of wiring but it's not overly difficult depending on which route you take (there's 2 ways to do this).

I haven't hardwired everything up yet, but at least I know both mirrors work and more importantly that it can be done! I just need to find a way of bringing a couple of wires from the mirror into the car.

I'll do a little write-up after I've finished it off (just put everything back to how it was for now).

Happy days.

Hello,

Sorry for digging this post from 2012, but I am with this mod in progress, and I have a doubt.

I have installed the driver's door loom, the switch and both mirrors. However, only the drivers side mirror folds.

At first I thought it was a problem with the mirror... However, if I connect the passenger side mirror to the driver side connector, it folds correctly.

I have seen you had a similar issue with your passenger side mirror. In your case, what was the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Return to “Modifications”