is it possible to install Climate control?

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Boomstyliemikey
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 1.9 130 , remapped, DPF removed, Panel filter, double din

is it possible to install Climate control?

Postby Boomstyliemikey » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:11 pm

Probebly a stupid question but if I wanted to install climate control in my car would I just need to swap the control unit in the dash or is there alot more to it than that? Thanks
1.9 dci dynamique, originally 130bhp. Remapped, DPF removed, Pipercross panel filter.viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17209

lee00069
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 2005 megane cc 1.9 DCI

Re: is it possible to install Climate control?

Postby lee00069 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:55 pm

Its a difficult job to do. I have a 1.6 cc and i thought would be great with climate control, got the unit and removed the cover around it. The climate control one has the a/c button and rear window demister button on the unit, The climate control unit is also different as it has only 2 wiring plugs on it whereas the other one has cables attached to it. There is obviously a control box somewhere else. In my opinion not worth the hassle of trying to do.

Boomstyliemikey
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 1.9 130 , remapped, DPF removed, Panel filter, double din

Re: is it possible to install Climate control?

Postby Boomstyliemikey » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:20 pm

I didnt think it would be as easy as I was hoping. Ive always wanted a car with climate control so was wanting to convert this one. I thought all the looms and sensors ect would already be in place but guess not. :cry
1.9 dci dynamique, originally 130bhp. Remapped, DPF removed, Pipercross panel filter.viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17209

Return to “Modifications”