Stickerbombed centre console

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

shadowswan
Passed Theory

Stickerbombed centre console

Postby shadowswan » Sat May 14, 2011 1:07 pm

Been looking at sticker bombs for a while now and admiring some of the ones I have seen here on MOC.

So now I proudly present......

The update to my dull beige interior!

BEFORE

IN PROGRESS

VARNISHING

INSTALLED

Dwabo
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 2.0Dci GT (remapped!)
Front & rear HEL brake lines, Uprated Alpine ICE

Re: Stickerbombed centre console

Postby Dwabo » Sat May 14, 2011 2:39 pm

Looks good.. well done.. you've added a bit of life into that interior.. not usually a fan of stickerbombing but it does look good!
Megane GT 2.0dci Remapped by Angel Tuning

rjacko
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.9 dci Dynamique, 3dr 03 reg

Postby rjacko » Sat May 14, 2011 2:59 pm

:D that looks awesome, certainly livens the interior up. Wouldn't mind doing that to mine, where did you source all the stickers from?
3dr 03 Megane 1.9Dci, Dynamique, panoramic roof, keyless system, full leather, 6 cd changer, 17" Nervasport alloys

shadowswan
Passed Theory

Postby shadowswan » Sat May 14, 2011 3:01 pm

rjacko wrote::D that looks awesome, certainly livens the interior up. Wouldn't mind doing that to mine, where did you source all the stickers from?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1856696626/r ... 1856696626

Great collection :)

Markjohnstonn
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 5dr 1.5 dci Megane

Postby Markjohnstonn » Sat May 14, 2011 5:18 pm

that looks great ! :D
this is possibly a silly question, but how exactly did you remove the centre consol :o ?

shadowswan
Passed Theory

Postby shadowswan » Sat May 14, 2011 6:10 pm

Markjohnstonn wrote:that looks great ! :D
this is possibly a silly question, but how exactly did you remove the centre consol :o ?

First step is to take out the radio, you need to get the keys from halfords or use 4 naIls.

Behind the radio there are 2 torx 15 screws, you need to take these and the two behind the panel you use to access the diagnostic socket at the bottom. Once you have undone these the panel is only held in by clips so you need to give it a good tug being careful with the smaller bits around the air con dials.

This leaves you to disconnect the electronics. The door lock and hazard switch comes out as one unit which is held in by 4 plastic catches, the card reader and antenna for the wireless start are clipped on as well. The stop/start button comes out from the front and once you have disconnected the cable (just squeeze the tab and pull) it should just push out.

The console will just lift up and out then.

To reconnect reverse this, making sure the clips are in the right space and the block bit is in the hole between the screws.

Hope this makes sense?

Markjohnstonn
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 5dr 1.5 dci Megane

Postby Markjohnstonn » Sat May 14, 2011 6:42 pm

makes perfect sence mate thanks :D
been searching for ages how to remove it but couldnt find it anywhere, thinking about changing the orange dashboad lights to white if possible.
Cheers for the info :-)

shadowswan
Passed Theory

Postby shadowswan » Sat May 14, 2011 7:00 pm

No worries - took apart most of the interior when I hardwired my tomtom and installed my handsfree kit :)

j.agbodo92
Currently Drives:: 2003 renault megane 225 sport Replica

Postby j.agbodo92 » Sun May 15, 2011 9:52 pm

looks good.. have been thinking about doing it for a while, makes me want to do it even more now that ive seen someone elses done :cool:

bigdaddygazza
Currently Drives:: 2006 Megane II 1.9dCi Privilege

Postby bigdaddygazza » Thu May 19, 2011 11:21 am

shadowswan wrote:No worries - took apart most of the interior when I hardwired my tomtom and installed my handsfree kit :)

When you installed your handsfree did you need any adaptor plugs? I was told at Halfords that they need one for the standard radio if fitting the Parrot system? although I notice you have an after market radio, did this help?

Cheers! :-)

shadowswan
Passed Theory

Postby shadowswan » Thu May 19, 2011 2:38 pm

Both the tunerlist radio and the Sony radio I have, have ISO connections on them and as such don't need an adapter for a bury kit - I believe this is the same for the parrot kits...

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:07 pm

Eddie- wrote:You said above varinshing? Did you clear coat it of use diy varinsh?

When putting decals on my bike I use 3 coats of clear coat to get a smooth Finnish, any less and you could see the bump from the decal..

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:17 pm

I can imagine, suppose with what I've done it was a small decal and majority paint.. I would think tho that if a decent clear coat there should be no change in colour, to the clear coat itself.. But I could well imagine that the stickers could cause discolouration over time.. After all a clear coat over a white base coat on a car will never turn yellow..
I wonder if you could get one specific for painting over printed paper..

Return to “Modifications”