How to retrofit cruise control, step by step..

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Boomstyliemikey
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 1.9 130 , remapped, DPF removed, Panel filter, double din

Re: How to retrofit cruise control, step by step..

Postby Boomstyliemikey » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:12 pm

mines 2005 dynamique. I cant understand that. I've had a really good look to. maybe they changed it when they started making the can bus models. I dont trust myself to start messing on with the air bag to do it the other way joe was saying
1.9 dci dynamique, originally 130bhp. Remapped, DPF removed, Pipercross panel filter.viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17209

ikhan
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5 DCi (106)

Postby ikhan » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:54 am

I would love to do this, but I can't find the necessary plugs either.

I want it to look genuine, so I've got a steering wheel with the buttons etc.

I think it's still doable if you're brave enough but involves messing around with the injection computer (from what i can tell from the schematics - not that I can use these properly either :oops: ).

I'm going to have another proper look at some point but I did have the airbag off and I don't think the connectors for the buttons was there from memory.
Renault Megane 1.5dCi (106)
Lowered 45mm (Spax)
RenaultSport R26 Front & Rear Bumpers, Spoilers, Door Bullets, & Exhaust
6000k HIDs (H7 & H11), LED Side, No Plate, & Interior Lights
18" Inovit Tarmac Alloys (matt black)

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:50 pm

ikhan wrote:I would love to do this, but I can't find the necessary plugs either.

I want it to look genuine, so I've got a steering wheel with the buttons etc.

I think it's still doable if you're brave enough but involves messing around with the injection computer (from what i can tell from the schematics - not that I can use these properly either :oops: ).

I'm going to have another proper look at some point but I did have the airbag off and I don't think the connectors for the buttons was there from memory.

I didnt have the connectors for the buttons in the steering wheel I had to connect directly using the ribbon wire.. Not to difficult to do really..

ikhan
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5 DCi (106)

Postby ikhan » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:06 am

Thanks.

It's not so much the steering buttons I'm worried about, but rather the on / off switch that doesn't seem to be wired in. My car must be unique because it doesn't seem to be pre-wired for the alarm either :?:
Renault Megane 1.5dCi (106)
Lowered 45mm (Spax)
RenaultSport R26 Front & Rear Bumpers, Spoilers, Door Bullets, & Exhaust
6000k HIDs (H7 & H11), LED Side, No Plate, & Interior Lights
18" Inovit Tarmac Alloys (matt black)

Dan__UK_1984
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 2002 1.5DCi 3Dr

Postby Dan__UK_1984 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:11 am

I would say that if you dont have the wiring for the master switch then you are more than likely missing the other required components - just a guess though!

Might be worth pulling the whole lower pannel off and just double checking the wire hasnt been tucked somewhere silly?

serhathakan

Postby serhathakan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:27 pm

Image-

It looks like I dont have this white plug. Is there any solution for that situtation?
:(

serhathakan

Postby serhathakan » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:28 pm

I found wiring services program for megane.
1081 code using for CC start/stop and 120 for ECU also 1137 is switching protection unit.
I uploaded program if you want to download it ,link is on below.
Can anyone help me about this switch thing..

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=1L32G0K9

jamesessexeade
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Magane 1.9 dCi 130 Privilege Coupe Cabriolet

Postby jamesessexeade » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:15 pm

Happy days, my Megane CC now has Cruise Control. Excellent thread, cheers :)
Get that roof down, and 63 mpg, happy days indeed :)

banie01
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane CC

Postby banie01 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:58 am

Folks, I have this modification nearly finished :)
I have the CC switch installed, I have the resistors/stalk all wired up and the steering wheel surround modded for the stalk mount.
But i am having 1 little problem that is probably ridiculously simple but I dont want to just power into in case I shag it up!

How do I remove the cover behind the steering wheel?
I have removed and modded the housing immediately behind the steering wheel, but the cover over the socket that I need to attach the 2 wires to?
How do I gain access to this?
Do I need to remove the entire steering wheel?
Any help appreciated on this one :/
Thanks

jamesessexeade
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Magane 1.9 dCi 130 Privilege Coupe Cabriolet

Postby jamesessexeade » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:39 pm

Hi there,

I have a terrible memory, but I'm 100% sure that the steering wheel doesn't need removing. It does help to tilt the steering wheel up as high as possible and pull out as far as possible though. The shroud will come off after removing a few screws.

Hope this helps.
Get that roof down, and 63 mpg, happy days indeed :)

fh7116
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Dynamique 1.9tDi 120

Postby fh7116 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:10 pm

Hey guys,

Joe, good on you for starting this thread! It's obviously been a success with lots of people.
I've had my 05 Megane 1.9tDi for just over a year and done 40000 miles, believe it or not, and haven't got cruise control. I think my right shin is bigger than my left nowadays!

I'm not very good at this whole soldering business but can get my hands dirty quite happily. I'm wondering if anyone (preferably in the north as I'm at university in Edinburgh - or in the Midlands/Somerset area) would be able to give me a hand with this fix tapping into wires etc. I'll quite happily give someone something for it bearing in mind that I'm a student!

I've not really done all that much investigating owing to the fact that I've just replaced my window regulator unit for the third time! But will be sure to have a look soon.

So if anyone thinks they could give me a hand then please do let me know! I'll have a look at it over the next week or so.

All the best,
Frazer

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:01 pm

I'm miles away so not much help.. I have to say tho that if you can replace the window regulator then you shouldn't have any issue doing this retrofit. If you use a modified volume control then that should make things easier than going and changing the airbag etc. definatly worth a try!
I'm just a student myself, doing architectural technology so noticing to do with electronics, I've just dabbled over the years, nothing to complex to do here..

fh7116
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Dynamique 1.9tDi 120

Postby fh7116 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:28 pm

Hey Joe,
How strange... I'm doing architectural design up here!
I know it would be easier, just thinking I'm not confident enough to start on wires - the regulator's not such a bad job because it's really a case of removal and refitting. I guess part of it is also that I don't really want to start drilling into covers etc. Perhaps I could drive it down to you if I get stuck, ha! I'd certainly consider it.
All best,
Frazer

stihlman2010
Currently Drives:: RENAULT MEGANE 1.9dci r26 replica

Postby stihlman2010 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:10 pm

hi mate ive done an r26 conversion to my dci megane.. was just wondering how you got facelift clocks to fit your pre facelift megane as thats the only thing ive missing from the car ive been looking around for ages now and cant find any to fit at all.. any i get delivered end up being the smaller plug as my clocks are a wider plug

thanks
Renault megane 1.9 dci 2003 black, renault 5000k auto xenon headlamps, originally 120bhp, drilled ebc front discs, green stuff pads all round, custom exhaust, custom wheels, rear tinted windows, lowered 45mm at front 85mm at rear, momo pedals

joeishmather
F1 Driver

Postby joeishmather » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:21 pm

stihlman2010 wrote:hi mate ive done an r26 conversion to my dci megane.. was just wondering how you got facelift clocks to fit your pre facelift megane as thats the only thing ive missing from the car ive been looking around for ages now and cant find any to fit at all.. any i get delivered end up being the smaller plug as my clocks are a wider plug

thanks

It's a 57 plate, not pre facelift..?

Return to “Modifications”