How to retrofit cruise control, step by step..

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Re: How to retrofit cruise control, step by step..

Postby joeishmather » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:18 pm

Mine wasn't taped to a wire, just back there somewhere and I had to have a little route arround to find it...

almcgrail
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Megane II tourer 130

Postby almcgrail » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Ill have a proper route around, last time involved dark night and a torch. fingers crossed, might be second time lucky.

Nightowl
Currently Drives:: GT dCi

Postby Nightowl » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:16 pm

Does anyone know if the Megane III wheel with cruise control built in will fit on the Megane II?

djiuliju
Currently Drives:: Renault megane II ph1 1.6 16v

Postby djiuliju » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:44 pm

I have offer to buy airbag, buttons for steering wheel (+,-,R and 0) and cc/sl switch for 90 euros.
But, there is a problem.
I removed my airbag (without cc) and i can find plug under it. I mean plug that should be used to fitt buttons.
So, what to do?
Is it enough to remove air bag, or i must remove steering wheel to find that plug?
It seems i don't have it.
So, what to do with wires from +,-,R,0 buttons?
Do I have to change slip ring with one that has that plug?

Sorry for bad English

This is how is should be https://i41.tinypic.com/23pnvs.jpg
Plug with red and black wire is for cc/sl, am I right?

grizi

Postby grizi » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:46 am

Hello,

I have Megane 2 (2006) 1.9dci (96kw) and I don't have wiring and connector for cruise control. Can I connect directly to ECU if I have ECU pinout? Has anyone already done this?

Thank you for your replies :).

Best regards,

Stefan

aleksandar28

Postby aleksandar28 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:09 pm

I did it :-) , you come to serbia and I will make it for you ;) , you can also remake your slip ring and make it compatible for buttons on the steering wheel.

What you need is air bag , buttons (+ - r o) on the steering wheel , switch for cruise control , pinouts for ecu and 4m of wire.

This is what I make , it is easy to mount behind the steering wheel on the oposit side of car radio remote conrol , and it is wery acessible.

https://s1144.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... 7.jpg.html

and this I use for cruise control-speed limiter switch

https://www.proelectronic.rs/PREKIDAC-CR ... 1-5823.htm

You will also need to make configuration for cruise control in the instrument panel

This is also doable on Renault Laguna II , Scenic II , Clio III , Modus , Espace IV , Trafic II , Master , Kangoo II , clio II 2005- ,I even make it for Megan III and Fluence it is the same but with difrent resistors.

grizi

Postby grizi » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:50 am

Nice work aleksandar28 ! :cool: :D

I would come to Serbia, but I'm from Slovenia and I don't have a lot of time for roadtrips... :?

I was wondering if you could be so kind and send me a scheme of ECU pinout or to tell me where I can find it?

I anticipate when you have cables and connector connected to ECU that the wiring from connector to the steering wheel is the same as described in this theme on forum ?

Thank you very much in advance :).

Best regards,

Stefan

aleksandar28

Postby aleksandar28 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:42 am

https://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o48 ... I19dci.png

120 - injection ecu , black connnector , d3 and d2 are for the buttons on a seering wheel , a2 and c3 for cruise control-speed limiter switch
331 - buttons + , - , r , o
1337 - SWITCHING PROTECTION UNIT , located next to battery , black connector no1 wire Yellow , (brown connector no5 wire blue is for a light bulb)
1106 - esp switch
1081 - cruise control-speed limiter switch

Nightowl wrote:Does anyone know if the Megane III wheel with cruise control built in will fit on the Megane II?

button resistance are not the same

Yorick
Currently Drives:: 1.5dci 2005 5 door megane.
Best MPG: 86.8

Postby Yorick » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:56 pm

I'm in the process of building in cc in my 05 Megane. I however bought a switch from a Laguna thinking they would be the same. When I fitted the switch however I had to break away two plastic bits that were sticking out to make it fit. Apart from that it is a perfect fit! Now my question obviously is; Are those pinouts in the switches the same?

[edit]
I noticed as well that the light in the switch doesn't come on.

Yorick

Postby Yorick » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:54 am

Just to confirm: Laguna switches work! They are often cheaper on Ebay!!

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Postby freelanderuk » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:47 pm

hi , when you say it works , does it light up when you have lights on and does the cruise indicator on the dash light up also, does the switch work as stipulated in the hand book , i have all the other bits but not this switch, what year switch did you get
thanks
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

Yorick

Postby Yorick » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:26 pm

The dashboard lights don't light up. You have to go to the garage to get that programmed. Everything else works like a charm!
This one should work.

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Postby freelanderuk » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:15 pm

Many thanks for the info
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

morphinum

Postby morphinum » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:46 am

aleksandar28 wrote:I did it :-) , you come to serbia and I will make it for you ;) , you can also remake your slip ring and make it compatible for buttons on the steering wheel.

What you need is air bag , buttons (+ - r o) on the steering wheel , switch for cruise control , pinouts for ecu and 4m of wire.

This is what I make , it is easy to mount behind the steering wheel on the oposit side of car radio remote conrol , and it is wery acessible.

https://s1144.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... 7.jpg.html

and this I use for cruise control-speed limiter switch

https://www.proelectronic.rs/PREKIDAC-CR ... 1-5823.htm

You will also need to make configuration for cruise control in the instrument panel

This is also doable on Renault Laguna II , Scenic II , Clio III , Modus , Espace IV , Trafic II , Master , Kangoo II , clio II 2005- ,I even make it for Megan III and Fluence it is the same but with difrent resistors.

Hi all!

We have tried to install this on 2007 Megane which has no wiring to the steering.
But it seems that it doesn't work. What might be the problem? Is there any way to test all connections? Should the resistors have the exact values as shown above? Because when measuring the resistance on betwen D2 D3 and pressing the buttons after the installation they have a bit different values. Still the worst part is that it's not clear if the CC turns on at all...

Cruncher95
Currently Drives:: Blue Renault Megane Mkll Phase 1 2006

Postby Cruncher95 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:58 am

Hi.. New member here and just read the whole of this post with hope and confusion.. I just purchased a 2006 phase l Megane and love it (apart from the water leaking into my door pockets and the broken steering lock) It had everything I was looking foe i.e.: Panoramic, keyless entry, folding mirrors etc etc except cruise control.. I have a question. If I purchase the steering wheel with the cruise control buttons with the air bag (seen one on flea bay) is it just a case of plug and play? i.e.: no soldering or joining wires or cutting holes in the plastics.. Any help and advice on what else I would need would be appreciated. :D

Return to “Modifications”