How to retrofit cruise control, step by step..

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

MartyW
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane CC 1.6 VVT in Ottoman Blue

Re: How to retrofit cruise control, step by step..

Postby MartyW » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:13 pm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-MEGAN ... 5ae1607675

Does anyone know if that will fit on the megane cc?

princo

Postby princo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:01 pm

is there any chance to enable cruise control light on dashboard without going on service?

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:41 pm

Would be nice if this was possible, to the best of my knowledge tho it needs to be done by renault clip.. I wouldn't bother!

MartyW
Learner Driver

Postby MartyW » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:23 pm

without doing any reprograming with the Renault Clip do you get any feedback on the dashboard about what speed has been set?

princo

Postby princo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:45 pm

I think there is nothing on dashbord without reprograming

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:18 pm

Your right there is nothing, I see no need for that tho.. I have a 57 plate BMW with factory cruise control and this has nothing on the dashboard either.. Suppose it's just preference, but if a manufacture such as BMW doesn't have it I feel no point in my megane having it either!lol

MartyW
Learner Driver

Postby MartyW » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:29 am

yeah i know there is no point if it works i am happy, its just i had a laguna with it on and you got a nice display of the millage set but as long as it works lol

joeishmather
F1 Driver

Postby joeishmather » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:06 pm

Yeah it definatly works fine.. :-) just nothing on the display, everywhere I've phones wants about £40 to switch it in using a clip.. Just think its robbery! You can buy a Renault clip about £150!

MartyW
Learner Driver

Postby MartyW » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:22 am

I now have a steering wheel with the cc buttons on it each pair of buttons has two wires coming of it and both pairs go to the same two pins on the plug hence there are only in essence two wires from the 4 switches, how is this now wired up with the resistors as in your original guide? I understand the two wires to the ribbon cable etc just not sure how the resistors now fit in if indeed they are still needed with the proper cc buttons.

joeishmather
F1 Driver

Postby joeishmather » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:58 am

Hello, good news! The resistors are no longer needed the buttons have correct built in resistance!

MartyW
Learner Driver

Postby MartyW » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:26 am

joeishmather wrote:Hello, good news! The resistors are no longer needed the buttons have correct built in resistance!

So just connect the two wires as they are then?

joeishmather
F1 Driver

Postby joeishmather » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:27 am

Yeah, like you would have the resistors..

princo

Postby princo » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:33 pm

Done ! :D works cruise control on my megane even dashboards lights is on, but there is just one problem :( , the "cancel" button doesn't work(that without resistor) , I check twice, everything is connected like in the first post but doesn't work cancel button, I think if there isn't connection none of the buttons will work(mine +,-,R, works great). anybody have idea what can be the problem?

deano469

Postby deano469 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:59 pm

Do the resistors need to be actually attached to the radio controls (as per the pictures) or can they be installed in the wires that join the radio switch to the cruise selector switch? I've fitted an after market head unit so the radio controls are now redundant, I was thinking of just splicing the relevant wires together with the resistors in but unsure if it would work properly.
If this isn't possible, could you get away with just wiring the + and - to say a window rocker switch tyat i could install somewhere discreet or do you need a switch capable of using all of the functions? Any advice would be much appreciated :-)

joeishmather
F1 Driver

Postby joeishmather » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:00 pm

I see no reason splicing the cables wouldn't work, and regarding using a rocker switch, this is possible but you have to be aware that the radio control has various resistances to each button and that combined with the resistors creates the correct resistance, using a generic rocker switch you may need to alter the resistors used :-)

Return to “Modifications”