How to retrofit cruise control, step by step..

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

armagedon

Re: How to retrofit cruise control, step by step..

Postby armagedon » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:18 pm

I am owner of megane 2 2005 without wiring loom for CC/SL switch, nor to the CC switches on the wheel.

Has someone connected the switch and resistors directly to the ECU? Can he post some pictures of what is needed to achieve it?

Thanks!

Leeesx
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Coupe Cabriolet Privelege

Postby Leeesx » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:57 am

Hi. Looked all through posts on this subject and can't see an answer. I have just got hold of an airbag & steering wheel and am going to swap it and install the CC switch as have the White connector behind headlight level control. My question is:

Is there a seperate connector behind wheel for the cruise buttons or is there just one connector that simply doesn't use the cruise control connections if not installed?

Appreciate your help.

Lee

hammondclan5
Currently Drives:: Megane II 2003 1.6 VVT

Postby hammondclan5 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:52 am

OK so behind my headlight height adjuster Dial / Interior light dimmer pannel I should find a spare white multiplug?

ad0mas
Currently Drives:: Megane II 2005 1.5DCi 80

Postby ad0mas » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:10 pm

Sorry to ressurect an old thread... My 05 Megane Dynamique (in other words, most basic trim of bottom base model) has NO white plug (only red, which seems to put my Megane into limp mode after flicking the CC switch on, working on this issue) and no extra 2 wires in the steering column. I have found a Scenic Privilege breaking with no CC but all needed connectors :) will try to scavenge whatever I can off the poor thing and will let you know if it worked! Fingers crossed

gadycaa
Currently Drives:: Renault Trafic II 2.0 dCi 66kW

Postby gadycaa » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:50 pm

aleksandar28 wrote:https://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o488/aleksandar2810/meganII19dci.png

120 - injection ecu , black connnector , d3 and d2 are for the buttons on a seering wheel , a2 and c3 for cruise control-speed limiter switch
331 - buttons + , - , r , o
1337 - SWITCHING PROTECTION UNIT , located next to battery , black connector no1 wire Yellow , (brown connector no5 wire blue is for a light bulb)
1106 - esp switch
1081 - cruise control-speed limiter switch

Nightowl wrote:Does anyone know if the Megane III wheel with cruise control built in will fit on the Megane II?

button resistance are not the same

Hello, i'm really interested to fit CC to my Trafic II. Can you send me CC scheme for Trafic II 2.0 2007 dci 66kW?

ruizinho
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane MkII 1.9dci 2006

Postby ruizinho » Tue May 23, 2017 10:24 pm

I've recently installed Cruise Control following this tutorial.
I think I did all the work according to the instructions but for some reason it's not working.

What should I do to troubleshoot this?
Should I look to turn on the functionality on the ECU?

MWalls96
Currently Drives:: 2007 Megane mk2 estate

Postby MWalls96 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:35 am

I cannot see these images, is there another thread or is there a way I can see theses images? Thank you

dhmar

Postby dhmar » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:46 am

hello guys...I am from Greece...I have the megane sedan 2 -1.6-2003. I made the cruise control exactly what the instructions are saying. They are all good, up to a point. When I get 5th gear the cruise control stops work. The handlers do not give orders.let me note here that I have changed the gear box. I also checked the clutch switches.

PS..sorry for my English

MeganeIICC
Currently Drives:: M II CC

Postby MeganeIICC » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:44 am

I can vouch for this procedure as well.

I have just enabled the already built-in cruise control in my trusty old 2004 Megane II CC!
Y A Y
It's SO satisfying that it works, despite my sorry-ass lack of ability in soldering :)

And it cost only a button for the panel, the three resistors (100ohm,271ohm,904ohm is working), a short piece of wire and the old disabled RadioStalk.
A total of 10£

Much cheaper than trying to get one of those squib/slip-rings with enough wires for the airbag steeringwheel buttons...
( Which I bought used, and now owns ;-) )

Thanks to this (and other boards) for documenting how to do this !!
( And thanks to the french eletronics engineers that doesn't always suck as hard as people tend to claim :grin )

Return to “Modifications”