DCI Remap & Brake upgrade info required

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Aeronaut
Currently Drives:: Megane GT DCI 150

DCI Remap & Brake upgrade info required

Postby Aeronaut » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:35 pm

Hi everyone,

This has probably been talked about before but i thought i'd just ask anyway.

It's not an immediate enhancement but i'm wondering if anyone has a recommendations of Renault DCI tuners, i would be looking at a remap and not a plug in box. I used Celtic Tuning for my last car...they did a good job, has anyone used them before and what opinion do they have of them ?

Does anyone know what the perforrmance figures are on Megane ll GT DCI, like peak power/ torque at what rpm etc..
Oh and what are the brakes on this vehicle (mm) ?

Any help or advice would be great, planning ahead !!

Marc

GI's GT
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 2litre dci GT 150 bhp

Re: DCI Remap & Brake upgrade info required

Postby GI's GT » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:05 pm

Aeronaut,

I am new here too and have, today, bought a bought a 2.0 GT 150bhp Megane. Whilst I cannot answer your question about the brakes, I can answer your question about Celtic Tuning. I have used them on two of my previous cars - a Fiesta 1.4 TDCi and an Alfa Romeo GT JTD taht I part-ex'd for this Megane. They have been fantastic both times, turning up on time and doing an efficient job. The results have been fantastic and I am considering it for teh Megane. From CT's website, the bhp will go to 195 and torque to 316 lbs/ft from memory from their website.

Cheers.

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Postby Paddy » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:32 pm

EBC 'green stuff' pads will surfice.

grosseberger
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: 3 door citrus green Megane II

Postby grosseberger » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:17 am

i have just had my 1.5 dci remapped by remap science they have or did have a special offer on, if you went to their rolling road centre they would remap for £150 or mobile service for £200. i wasnt sure if i would feel the difference but i can tell certainly in fifth gear it speeds up a lot quicker
54 1.5DCI Extreme remapped,JVC Head unit, Pioneer front Kenwood Rear Amp & 10" sub

Anthony
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: 2005 Renault Megane 1.5 dci 100

Postby Anthony » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:07 am

grosseberger wrote:i have just had my 1.5 dci remapped by remap science they have or did have a special offer on, if you went to their rolling road centre they would remap for £150 or mobile service for £200. i wasnt sure if i would feel the difference but i can tell certainly in fifth gear it speeds up a lot quicker

I was over at Remap Science on Friday having my 100bhp version mapped. The difference is amazing, it's like a different car.

He said 30bhp and 50nm was acheived on mine, but I am going to do a RR power run somewhere to see how good he actually is.
2005 1.5dci 100 Sport Hatch -Gone!

Aeronaut

Postby Aeronaut » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:59 am

GI's GT wrote:Aeronaut,

I am new here too and have, today, bought a bought a 2.0 GT 150bhp Megane. Whilst I cannot answer your question about the brakes, I can answer your question about Celtic Tuning. I have used them on two of my previous cars - a Fiesta 1.4 TDCi and an Alfa Romeo GT JTD taht I part-ex'd for this Megane. They have been fantastic both times, turning up on time and doing an efficient job. The results have been fantastic and I am considering it for teh Megane. From CT's website, the bhp will go to 195 and torque to 316 lbs/ft from memory from their website.

Cheers.

Hi GI,

How are you finding your GT ?
So far I'm very pleased with mine, I feel at home in it. The A class was ok but I really felt old and almost rigid in it - it was just a means of getting from A-B. The Megane is giving me some of the passion thw I had in the Saab.
Celtic Tuning were great, the figures quoted for my A180 were 150bhp & 253lb/ft torque, though after driving the Megane I think I had a little less than that.
I will more than likely remap next year and depending on state of brakes upgrade too (but not a full on conversion as I did on my old Saab).
What about you, will you be remapping yours?
Out of curiousity, which GT did you get (is it a 5 dr too?), did you get it via trade or private?
Mine was from Renault Leicester. It has the comfort pack.

Take care

Aeronaut

Postby Aeronaut » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:18 am

I will not go mad like I did in my old Saab, lavished too much money on it and yet it was still an unfinished project.
The Megane would just get a remap, brake upgrade (discs & pads) and possibly change the exhaust to more freer flowing system but that's only if I have the money for it!

Return to “Modifications”