Modification help needed!!!

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

rustyDLK
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: 2004 Renault megane II DCI 1.5

Modification help needed!!!

Postby rustyDLK » Thu May 27, 2010 12:55 pm

ok so this is the car can some of you kind people give me a list of modifications that i can carry out on it and part numbers etc??

any help etc is much apprieciated!! thanks!

ImageImage

and this is it today after a good clean!

ImageImageImage

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Re: Modification help needed!!!

Postby Ray » Thu May 27, 2010 6:15 pm

i always thought modifying a car was a personal thing. so it really depends what you want to do to your car and budget.
look at sites like rs tuning for ideas though

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Postby Paddy » Thu May 27, 2010 9:57 pm

Your first port of call is to have her lowered and a bigger set of wheels.

Although i see your on your r plates so take into account the extra insurance cost.

After that colour code your bumpers.

The rest is personal.

P

Paddy
F1 Driver

Postby Paddy » Thu May 27, 2010 9:58 pm

One other thing, your best to black out your reg when you post on line.

Folk can clone your car from a simple picture.

see mine >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

P

rustyDLK
Passed Theory

Postby rustyDLK » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:52 pm

cheers yea getting it lowered soon what would you recommend lowing distance wise?? 30mm or 50mm?? i was thinking 50mm if i do do i need to get shocks etc?? cant afford coilovers!! emm im off R plates now woop woop!! oo and if i lower it 50mm i would be thinking of getting 18" wheels will this work?? and will it be ok with 16" rims becasue i cant afford 18" rims for another few months!!

emm plans are to get limo tint on the back windows and light smoke on the front doors!

new front seats as the plastic bits are broken :( any ideas on fixing that?? i think its a common fault??

thanks

Paddy
F1 Driver

Postby Paddy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:57 pm

You can replace the plastics on the seats rather than the whole thing.

Take of the plastic look on the reverse side for the code and go along to renault. Make sure the wallet is nice and fat that day.

If your going as low as -50 you will need coils IMO you will get away with -30mm no bother if just springs with out breaking your spine on potholes.

The megane can ride on 20" rims when lowered due to the size of the arch so dont worry about that.

rustyDLK
Passed Theory

Postby rustyDLK » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:34 pm

eddie you may know me ..... as im your cousin lol russell :D haha!!

im looking at 50mm cobra springs from ac components :D sweet!! lol

will i need uprated shocks if i keep the stand 16" rims on??

R55VYS
Advanced Driver

Postby R55VYS » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:45 am

id fit a snow plow to the front, and a big wing in the middle of the roof, and maybe some pram wheels, and a massive graphic of a dildo down the side.

rustyDLK
Passed Theory

Postby rustyDLK » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:21 am

R55VYS wrote:id fit a snow plow to the front, and a big wing in the middle of the roof, and maybe some pram wheels, and a massive graphic of a dildo down the side.

forget the massive graphic of a dildo i could just set you on my roof it would give the same effect!! :D

R55VYS
Advanced Driver

Postby R55VYS » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:50 am

rustyDLK wrote:
R55VYS wrote:id fit a snow plow to the front, and a big wing in the middle of the roof, and maybe some pram wheels, and a massive graphic of a dildo down the side.

forget the massive graphic of a dildo i could just set you on my roof it would give the same effect!! :D

Now you mention it, i am quite well hung like :D

R55VYS
Advanced Driver

Postby R55VYS » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:07 am

Honestly though, the fun in doing stuff to your car is sorting the stuff yourself, and making it look different from the rest.

Id say to start though.

Lower it - any spring, you dont need to change the dampers, ive got spax -45mm on, they've been on since i got the car and i have no complaints, normal roads and motorways arnt a problem, its bumpy little backroads that i unfortunatly drive down every day which is the ball ache.

Yes you can lower it 50mm on the 16s still, the 18's you'll be looking at will be exactly the same size as the 16s just less tyre, 225 40 18, dont go lower it looks kack, would be nice to have 225 45 18 on but that will throw your speedo out slightly but they will fit easy and will give you a nicer ride.

Colour code, Smoked side repeaters, paint your ren badges, silver indicator bulbs for front lights, HIDs, Shorter Aerial, put some front fogs in, Black rear lights (i might just know where theres some cheap ones) shamless plug ha ha. tints, paint your calipers, silver door handles from higher spec models. Spoiler. I could go on an on, totally depends on what you want to spend, and what you like. whether your trying to tidy it up or make it into a max power fiberglass shed.

rustyDLK
Passed Theory

Postby rustyDLK » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:47 pm

R55VYS wrote:Honestly though, the fun in doing stuff to your car is sorting the stuff yourself, and making it look different from the rest.

Id say to start though.

Lower it - any spring, you dont need to change the dampers, ive got spax -45mm on, they've been on since i got the car and i have no complaints, normal roads and motorways arnt a problem, its bumpy little backroads that i unfortunatly drive down every day which is the ball ache.

Yes you can lower it 50mm on the 16s still, the 18's you'll be looking at will be exactly the same size as the 16s just less tyre, 225 40 18, dont go lower it looks kack, would be nice to have 225 45 18 on but that will throw your speedo out slightly but they will fit easy and will give you a nicer ride.

Colour code, Smoked side repeaters, paint your ren badges, silver indicator bulbs for front lights, HIDs, Shorter Aerial, put some front fogs in, Black rear lights (i might just know where theres some cheap ones) shamless plug ha ha. tints, paint your calipers, silver door handles from higher spec models. Spoiler. I could go on an on, totally depends on what you want to spend, and what you like. whether your trying to tidy it up or make it into a max power fiberglass shed.

tints and front fogs are on the way so is a stubby ariel, caliber are painted red going to paint the reno badge black!! going to wrap the side strips in carbon fibre and also some interior bits!! shall really commense modding when funds have recovered just paid my insurance today £1400 down the shitter! lol

rustyDLK
Passed Theory

Postby rustyDLK » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:49 pm

Eddie-- wrote:really lol i never knew

yes if you go lower than 45 your shocks wont last long specailly with the way armagh and portadown roads are

lol yea just bought the megane :D love it!!

urs is looking pretty sweet!

had to sell the 206 the rear axle was frigged!! and i had just got it modded to the way i wanted it .... grrrr!! always the way sure!!

rustyDLK
Passed Theory

Postby rustyDLK » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:01 am

Eddie-- wrote:you bought a new car for an axle lol axle are buttons till get lmao

nope not the one for my car foned every scap yard in NI and the republic not one had one only place had one was peugeot and it was over £700

rustyDLK
Passed Theory

Postby rustyDLK » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:54 pm

aye ryt dead on :D

Return to “Modifications”