!.9 DCI Ligths to R26 Xenons?

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Eightbitboy
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.9 dCi, Black, 3 door

Current Modifications: Sunstrip, Subwoofer and amp, DVD headunit.

!.9 DCI Ligths to R26 Xenons?

Postby Eightbitboy » Sun May 09, 2010 12:29 am

Is this possible?
Megane 1.9 dCi, Black, 3 door

Current Modifications: Sunstrip, Subwoofer and amp, DVD headunit, Tinted windows.

thedools
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: '04 Renault Megane 1.9 Dci 120 Dynamique - 3 Door - Black - Lowered -45 - 225 bumpers - Tints - Alloys

Re: !.9 DCI Ligths to R26 Xenons?

Postby thedools » Mon May 10, 2010 8:27 pm

I guess your car is 06 or earlier? This mean to upgrade to the renault xenon headlights you will also need to upgrade the front bumper. This is because the lights are a different shape and so you will have nasty gaps. Costly upgrade unfortunately :(

You can however buy halo projector headlights off Ebay for a phase one megane.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-MEGANE-MK ... 1c0801bd72

hope this helps anyway!
Megane 1.9 DCI 120, 3 dr, Black, Tints, HIDs, -45 Springs, 225 Bumpers, Alloys, Phase 2 rear lights, Carbon badge, LED Interior, French pressed plates

steve-t
Advanced Driver

Postby steve-t » Tue May 11, 2010 5:22 pm

It was an option on pre facelft models dynamique and above so geniune ones are available.
BUT to be legal you will also require headlamp washers and sensors fitted to back axel for continual adjustment of beam hight.
I think the finn added them to his search his posts
Steve

R55VYS
Advanced Driver

Postby R55VYS » Thu May 13, 2010 12:44 pm

its possible but it will cost an absolute fortune, i got a set for nowt, for the ph1s and it ended up being so much chew i just sold them, basically there are a load of sensors etc and other bits that arent on a standard model wiring looms, so you would need to either botch them on so it would probs fail an MOT or spend a fortune at renault getting sensors etc. but believe me i looked into every option and its just not worth doing, unless your an electrical wizz kid, but i had renault and two auto electricians look into it and they all said absolute chew on. Tech people from renault said it wasnt possible

Return to “Modifications”