Nige
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03' Renaultsport Megane 1.4 16v...NO FAULTS HERE! :-D

Re: Megane Sport Hub and Suspension

Postby Nige » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:38 pm

MIstry_J wrote:hi thanks,

i had a look at the https://www.concept-wheels.be website; just a few questions

would i put the value 60.1 for the centerhole wheel and centerhole car

the final thing is, what does it mean by "wideness each side" ?? and what value would i need for it?

do you know if these adapter are safe to use? i really want the sport alloys

Well TBH i have not got them....but at the same time you have no choice..

No other company will make them :( but they do supply good bolts!

As for the wheel you need to be choosing 60.1 for both and 20mm spacing...

For me i was thinking 20mm front and 25mm rear.... maybe some other guys on hear could confirm my decision on that as the standard meganes wheels sit in a bit more than 225/230.
03' Megane 1.4 16v 3Dr, N.Ireland

MIstry_J
Currently Drives:: 2007 renault megane (1.5dci dynamique)

Postby MIstry_J » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:18 pm

Nige wrote:
MIstry_J wrote:hi thanks,

i had a look at the https://www.concept-wheels.be website; just a few questions

would i put the value 60.1 for the centerhole wheel and centerhole car

the final thing is, what does it mean by "wideness each side" ?? and what value would i need for it?

do you know if these adapter are safe to use? i really want the sport alloys

Well TBH i have not got them....but at the same time you have no choice..

No other company will make them :( but they do supply good bolts!

As for the wheel you need to be choosing 60.1 for both and 20mm spacing...

For me i was thinking 20mm front and 25mm rear.... maybe some other guys on hear could confirm my decision on that as the standard meganes wheels sit in a bit more than 225/230.

i went back on that website and got a quick quote. it will cost £330 for a set of 4 adapters including shipping to the uk. it's quite expensive.

i noticed that on the first page of this thread, you have uploaded some photo's of some addapters, where did you get those from? is there any chance that you have anymore from different views.

do you know of of or know anyone that would have the exact dimensions or correct ones, i have had a quick look on the net but don't really understand exactly which measurements are needed and what they are for as i have the equipment to make them myself, which may be cheaper.

i may just have to spend the £330 and get them from the company you recommended.......

cheers,

Nige
Advanced Driver

Postby Nige » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:25 pm

Its not just the making of the adapters mate...that's the simple bit!! Its the bolts!! And mastering these are very very complex....as much as I hate to say it these are the only photos in the internet of them.

It's known fact among all the Megane websites that these will be the only people making them as I have requested H&R they declined due to safety...same with 2 other firms.

If you go for these you will have a very very unique car! As for me....im definitely doing it! I live in N.Ireland and I could possible be the only one with this modification. Its worth it if your an absolute Meg sport enthusiast! The wheels make the car....

Nige
Advanced Driver

Postby Nige » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:27 pm

I have been speaking to this guy on the Meganesport.net...

This is the only 1.9 DCI Rep in the UK with 225 alloys (Adapted fitted, the photos previously are his) 20mm

MIstry_J

Postby MIstry_J » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:21 pm

Nige wrote:I have been speaking to this guy on the Meganesport.net...

This is the only 1.9 DCI Rep in the UK with 225 alloys (Adapted fitted, the photos previously are his) 20mm

hi, thanks

i just read the thread. no offence but that guys mate must be a doosh for selling those adapters for £50! i didn't think it would be this rare for a dci conversion. i live in the midlands of england, mine is a 1.5dci so i guess it would the only one if i get it done as his was a 1.9dci which is no longer sitting on those beautiful 225 alloys. what spec is your megane?

£330 is a lot but i am tempted, i definately want those alloys on my car. it is basically the car in this thread "https://www.meganeownersclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12670", same colour and kit, different alloys though. i have however changed the front grills (either side of badge on the front) to the 08/58 plate ones as my car is an 07 plate megane.

the only thing that i don't understand on that website where you can order the correct adapters is where it say "wideness either side." the other measurements i can figure out according to the info you've given.

in terms of making the adapter, as you said that is easy, and as far as teh bolts go, i'm sure that they can be bought the correct size, if not then some larger ones can be modified as they would be standard parts.......unless of course they are made of some special metal.

what do you think the adapters are made of.....some are stainless steel....some are alu.....

cheers,

Nige
Advanced Driver

Postby Nige » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:04 am

MIstry_J wrote:

hi, thanks

i just read the thread. no offence but that guys mate must be a doosh for selling those adapters for £50! i didn't think it would be this rare for a dci conversion. i live in the midlands of england, mine is a 1.5dci so i guess it would the only one if i get it done as his was a 1.9dci which is no longer sitting on those beautiful 225 alloys. what spec is your megane?

£330 is a lot but i am tempted, i definately want those alloys on my car. it is basically the car in this thread "https://www.meganeownersclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12670", same colour and kit, different alloys though. i have however changed the front grills (either side of badge on the front) to the 08/58 plate ones as my car is an 07 plate megane.

the only thing that i don't understand on that website where you can order the correct adapters is where it say "wideness either side." the other measurements i can figure out according to the info you've given.

in terms of making the adapter, as you said that is easy, and as far as teh bolts go, i'm sure that they can be bought the correct size, if not then some larger ones can be modified as they would be standard parts.......unless of course they are made of some special metal.

what do you think the adapters are made of.....some are stainless steel....some are alu.....

cheers,

I'm totally unsure about what metals they use but if your fella was able to use them for X amount of months and sell them on...they must be ok. He sold for a Genuine 225 so the sale was not about the safety...

As for the adapters on that side...you choose the width and they supply the bolts that's required (Length wise...i would pressume) The adapters are a full kit.

Its really tempting....I'm just the same as yourself if I can justify the costs....but nothing beats genuine manufactured parts.

Nige

MIstry_J

Postby MIstry_J » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:12 am

Nige wrote:
MIstry_J wrote:

hi, thanks

cheers,

I'm totally unsure about what metals they use but if your fella was able to use them for X amount of months and sell them on...they must be ok. He sold for a Genuine 225 so the sale was not about the safety...

As for the adapters on that side...you choose the width and they supply the bolts that's required (Length wise...i would pressume) The adapters are a full kit.

Its really tempting....I'm just the same as yourself if I can justify the costs....but nothing beats genuine manufactured parts.

Nige

yeah i guess that was a good trade.

i get what you mean about genuine manufactured parts..........any mods i do to my meg are all genuine parts........but as far as the adapters go, i did a bit of research and i have pretty much all the measurements, i just have to confirm wheather the 225 wheels use m12 or m14 bolts as mine uses m12 bolts. also i have to figure out the size for the spigot ring around the center bore (if you have any idea of how big the diameter should be and the length of it then it would be great)...........once i have these measurements i should be able to get them made, and they will be genuine manufactured parts not something i have done in the shed (so to speak) as i know someone that owns an engineering factory and make precision machined/turned parts. so they will be made to a very good standard, once they are done it's a matter of getting the correct bolts which are just standard parts..........hopefully all of this should be alot cheaper than £330, i just have to confirm all the measurements...........

Jay

STEVIE
Advanced Driver

Postby STEVIE » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:00 pm

Hi mate when you get all the measurements can you post them up please
i might have a mate who can make me some
cheers

steve
http://www.meganesport.net welcome all members of Megane II Owners Club

Nige
Advanced Driver

Postby Nige » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:28 pm

STEVIE wrote:Hi mate when you get all the measurements can you post them up please
i might have a mate who can make me some
cheers

steve

X2 Stevie, Keep me in the loop!

MIstry_J

Postby MIstry_J » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:32 am

hi guys,

a quick question. can u use the valve senors from my current wheels on a new set that are supplied without any??

Jay

Nige
Advanced Driver

Postby Nige » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:03 am

MIstry_J wrote:hi guys,

a quick question. can u use the valve senors from my current wheels on a new set that are supplied without any??

Jay

I Don't see why not...these should fit no problem as long as the car is equipped.

MIstry_J

Postby MIstry_J » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:45 am

cool. it'll save me about £35 a corner for the valve sensors then.

cheers,

K3NNY
Currently Drives:: M3GANE 1.6

Postby K3NNY » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:02 pm

i've decided im going to order the hub adapters i seen someone mention that they think 20mm widenes on the front and 25mm on the back i was just wondering if anyone knew if this is or correct or will look good ? i'm also going to ask around to see if i can fit brembos when i have hub adapters installed :)

myksterx
Currently Drives:: 1.4 oasis limited edition megane

Postby myksterx » Wed May 02, 2012 12:53 pm

can anyone else confirm if the above information is correct i have bought full 225 bodykit and alloys and hit the same problem.

is the centre hole car 60.1
is the centre hole wheel 60.1
is the old fitment 4x100
is the new fitment 5x108

and should it be spaced 20 all around,
or
20 spaced on front and 25 on back?

i am currently at the checkout but i would like to confirm before i have to send the parts back which would be a nightmare

Nige
Advanced Driver

Postby Nige » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:04 pm

The wheels are going to be your biggest issue...it was the only hurdle I could not jump! There is a place in Germany that manufacture a 4x100 to 5x100 studd conversion kit (a spacer) you need this to continue.

Return to “Modifications”