What exaclty is possible?

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

bull20
Currently Drives:: Colt Czt

What exaclty is possible?

Postby bull20 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:20 pm

Well recently I had given up on any ideas of modifying my GT DCI meg and put it up for sale, I am now begining to think ponder is this wise? would I be better holding onto the meg for another year or 2 and getting some mods going?

so far its standard 07meg GTDCI in mineral blue with 32k on the clocks.
Sony BT head unit and pioneer fronts

What could be/has been done to these cars?

Lowering- coilovers look dear as eff, I'm not a fan of springs
Alloys- I havent seen any that I reckon really suit the meg...

Anything else??
What is possible for these motors...or shoudl I stick to my guns and sell it and get a CTR instead?

R55VYS
Advanced Driver

Re: What exaclty is possible?

Postby R55VYS » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:57 pm

The new CTRs are meant to be hump, Load is possible with your motor mate its the same lump as the rs dci (cappable of over 200bhp), check meganesports out for some better advice, lots of people in there with modded gt's.

gavnaysh
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: megane dci 120 in blue 3 door

Re: What exaclty is possible?

Postby gavnaysh » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:57 pm

i lowered mt dci on spax springs and found the ride very good fairly comfy and sticky on corners also sits nice for a 40mm drop, remaps get good gains on most diesel engines, and a decent turbo back exhaust makes a big difference.
i got rid of my megane and now have an a3 2.0tdi which with a remap and miltek turbo back exhaust im pushing somewhere between 180-200bhp! and it pulls like a train in every gear and drives like a v6!! and topped out at 154mph!! oh and if im nice to it it'll return big mpg too!! id say tune it mate rather than sell it there good looking motors and should have big potential!
its gone but not forgotten lol, but the A3 has more than filled the gap on the drive woo hoo i love it

Return to “Modifications”