Modifying my Megane 2 on a (tight) budget!

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

candyroch
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Dynamique 1.4 - Ottoman Blue - 2005, 17" Arays AR1 Carbon Yellowline Alloys, Rear Tints, Renault Spoiler, Clarion Sub, Alpine speakers, Full interior white and blue l.e.d set. Chrome strips, Chrome and leather gearstick & Lighter, Private Reg, Wind Deflectors & Silver BumbleBee Aerial!

Modifying my Megane 2 on a (tight) budget!

Postby candyroch » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:44 pm

Hey guys, new to posting on the forum, but a keen reader.

I have a standard 2005 Renault Megane, 1.4 dynamique with no mods apart from rear tints, new speakers, a sub and a silver aerial. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to make my car look a little better. My missus has just bought a new 09 plate mini due for delivery next Sunday and i feel my car is gonna look like sh1t up against her new pride and joy :(

On another point, my mate has a set of 19" alloys at home that he had on his Touran, would it be possible to put these on my car??? I am a mobile DJ though and I take all my gear in my car so couldnt stick them on if it means i cant take any weight or passengers in my car.

Many thanks guys!

TheFinn
Advanced Driver

Re: Modifying my Megane 2 on a (tight) budget!

Postby TheFinn » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:35 pm

candyroch wrote:Hey guys, new to posting on the forum, but a keen reader.

On another point, my mate has a set of 19" alloys at home that he had on his Touran, would it be possible to put these on my car???

Welcome to the forum!

I'm afraid theTouran alloys won't fit as the Touran uses five wheel bolts and the Megane only four.

IMHO making most cars look good starts with lowering and bigger wheels. You might consider fitting just lowering springs (40mm) and some nice 17" or 18" alloys. They alone will make all the difference, you won't necessarily need to do anything else. :cool:
2,0 16V 6-speed manual: Image - Image

Poddy
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi

Postby Poddy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:08 am

Maybe get a front and rear bumper lip, there addons to ur own bumper so wont cost anywhere near as much as a bodykit but can do just as much visualy to the car
07 Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi
Remapped

R55VYS
Advanced Driver

Postby R55VYS » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:18 am

lower it and colour code it. spoiler. grills from 225, bigger wheels.

candyroch
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Dynamique 1.4 - Ottoman Blue - 2005, 17" Arays AR1 Carbon Yellowline Alloys, Rear Tints, Renault Spoiler, Clarion Sub, Alpine speakers, Full interior white and blue l.e.d set. Chrome strips, Chrome and leather gearstick & Lighter, Private Reg, Wind Deflectors & Silver BumbleBee Aerial!

Postby candyroch » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:44 pm

Thanks for the reply guys!

How much on average would the lowering cost with the springs? If i go to a garage and get it done?

On another point - i need a new brake disc for my rear wheel, I got quoted £230 from Kwik Fit as they say its an all in one, hence why its more expensive! I dont disbelieve them and soon realised that the disc is joined with the bearings etc. however can I pay any less elsewhere for it?

Dom1234
Currently Drives:: nothing, wants a megane :DD

Postby Dom1234 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:59 pm

I'm soon going to be in the same boat, getting a 1.4 dynam. ,, dont get me wrong nice car standard:D but looks much better with basic mods, ,,, looking for new rims that look good but i can never tell without lookin at them on the car,,, what rims do anyone else have? also, if i bought a full body kit (r26r) would it fit?

cheers
Dom
Keen If Nowt Else ;)

R55VYS
Advanced Driver

Postby R55VYS » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:31 am

I didnt pay renault much more than that to change both the rears.

Return to “Modifications”