XTRONS TD702G Double Din HU GPS / DVD / iPOD etc

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

gazzrenn

XTRONS TD702G Double Din HU GPS / DVD / iPOD etc

Postby gazzrenn » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:58 pm

Hello there,

I recently got a 1.9 dci Dynamique Megane on a 52 plate (traded in my RS Clio 172 Cup due to driving 120 miles a day now :cry ).

In the Clio, I had a JVC LH-KD811 headunit, which i bought an AUX IN cable to connect my iPhone to - this worked a treat.

I don't really want to put a single DIN HU in the megane, i think it might look a bit poo (i'd be happy to be proven wrong if anyone has any photos to share)

So I'm looking for a nice double DIN HU - I don't want to spend a small fortune on one... Although my ideal HU is the AVIC-F900BT

I've found this one which is a Pioneer Double DIN with Bluetooth for £240... but then found this... https://www.xtrons.com/doce/productdetail.aspx?pid=35 for £230 delivered!

Its some random name i've never heard of... but appears to have a lot of toys!

So my questions are:
Does anyone have any experience with one of these XTRONS Head Units?
Does anyone have any photos of a nice single DIN HU install to tempt me into installing my JVC unit?
Does anyone have a recommendation of a nice double DIN that won't break the bank?

Thanks in advance,

Gazz

downsyndromedhorse
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 3DR Black 1.9dci Megane 04 Plate 120 BHP

Re: XTRONS TD702G Double Din HU GPS / DVD / iPOD etc

Postby downsyndromedhorse » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:15 pm

You've made my day!
I've een looking at loads of double dins but yet to find which is a good one. I liked the Pioneer HU you were looking at aswell, but the other one you showed seems to have far more features and toys.

I'm not a fan of aftermarket stereos but the double dins look nicer.

I'm saving up my cash to buy one, now you've found that i think i might get that.

If i find another similar stye i'll let you know.
3DR Black 1.9dci Megane 04 Plate 160Bhp(ish) - K&N Panel Filter - Full HID Conversion - Pioneer TS-Q131C - Koni -35mm lowering Springs - JVC Head unit - EGR Blanked - Decat fitted

MarcWebster
Currently Drives:: r26

Postby MarcWebster » Mon May 18, 2009 8:42 pm

New to this forum - 1st post!
So, did anybody get a XTRONS TD702G as I also did virtually the same, i.e. was going for the Pioneer AVIC for £699 and then found the XTRONS which has more gadgets? Looking on YouTube it seems to work quite well, although I have been informed by their American office that it will not hook upto the steering wheel controls - but sometimes that is the sacrifice you make!

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 1.5DCi + Lexus RX 300

Postby ICEMAN » Tue May 26, 2009 9:59 am

buying the Xtrons is like buying some trainers that say Nik....which obviously are immitating Nike.
It will work, yes, but you want to looking not only at the features, but the quality of componets used in the system...knowing this, then what would the result be from the sound you wish to obtain??
as you can tell im not a fan, I would say sve a little more money and then buy a decent one with everything.

Have a look at these:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Panasonic-CQ-VW10 ... 7C294%3A50

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JVC-KW-AVX720-CAR ... 7C294%3A50

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/08-Series-New-Pio ... 7C294%3A50

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KENWOOD-DPX-503U- ... 7C294%3A50

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KENWOOD-DPX503U-D ... 7C294%3A50
Black Megane - Black Tints - Black 18" Rims with Chrome - Angel Eyes - Shark Fin - Tail Fins - Kenwood DNX7200 - ipod Video -Hertz Space 6.5" Components - PG Ti500.4 - MTX 9544-15" Sub - Orion D5000 - Audison Cabling - Optima Power = NICE

downsyndromedhorse
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 3DR Black 1.9dci Megane 04 Plate 120 BHP

Postby downsyndromedhorse » Tue May 26, 2009 10:36 am

Another thing, i emailed them with some questions:

It doesnt support the Renault Stalk and they said their isn't an adaptor

It doesn't support the original Display.

As i was after the OEM look i didnt want to lose these.
Not sure if it will bother anyone but i thought it was best to tell you.
3DR Black 1.9dci Megane 04 Plate 160Bhp(ish) - K&N Panel Filter - Full HID Conversion - Pioneer TS-Q131C - Koni -35mm lowering Springs - JVC Head unit - EGR Blanked - Decat fitted

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver

Postby ICEMAN » Tue May 26, 2009 2:27 pm

as above, most aftermarket HU do not use the standard stalk or disply...you can get additional modules that "MIGHT" work...but thats a maybe!

Frankly i dont see the point in having the stalk when you upgrade your HU to a double din
Black Megane - Black Tints - Black 18" Rims with Chrome - Angel Eyes - Shark Fin - Tail Fins - Kenwood DNX7200 - ipod Video -Hertz Space 6.5" Components - PG Ti500.4 - MTX 9544-15" Sub - Orion D5000 - Audison Cabling - Optima Power = NICE

Jasonthejoker
Currently Drives:: 2004 Megane Cabriolet 1.9 dCi
2004 Grand Scenic 1.9dCi

Postby Jasonthejoker » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:53 am

Hi. I got a 712G unit as a birthday gift on Friday. I duly installed temporarily while I waited for the fitting kit to arrive. Last night I took it out and today I'll be posting it back! The unit did exactly what it said on the tin, but it did nothing well.

CD/DVD
Probably the best feature. Worked well if a little slow. Seemed to leave a gap between tracks, which is irritating when listening to a live album.

iPod
Biggest disappointment for me. Sound fine. No track titles or details on screen which means that the control element is useless. The cable was also too short, but that's just fussy.

Radio
Tuning ok. Awkward to tune, but I didn't give it long to learn. Tuned stations display frequency not name. Station name is small in main display.

Bluetooth
Connected fine and handled calls well. Lack of phonebook sync is a real disappointment. It also mutes the sound whenever you enter the feature, to dial for instance.

Interface
biggest issue is the awful looking screen graphics. The physical product looks good, but the screen display is plain ugly and very difficult to use.

I think if you buy one you'll be disappointed. It's a cheap unit and that shows!

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver

Postby ICEMAN » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:45 am

Well i hate to say it...............

and you get what you buy.

Hope you get it all sorted

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Postby Paddy » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:38 pm

My best friend has the 702G which I thought was pish, he said it has all the kit but again doesn’t have the best of software. He contacted Xtrons and they sent him the software for the newer TD712G it is much much better from my short play with it. for example the menu seems to flow very well, as good as I have seen on some Pioneer units.

But from reading I believe the TD712G has come on leaps and bounds from their first attempt so that may be worth a look (when not wanting to spend a small fortune.

P

Return to “ICE”