HU setttings with sub

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

M3gane
Passed Theory

HU setttings with sub

Postby M3gane » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:10 pm

Bit of a long post but bear with me!

Had my amp and subwoofer installed at the weekend and trying to get it set to perform best.

I have a Sony CDX-GT30RN (ie the Renault one) and my amp is connected to the pre-out which is set to be a 'sub out' on the HU. This gives me the option of adjusting LPF to 125 or 75 hz, or off. What does it do and what should I set to? (my sub is a 12" pioneer driver in a standalone enclosure in the boot) The sound is definitely tighter with it in one of the 'on' positions. Should I just use my ear and judge it?

Also I am trying to track down the connector to use this HU with a cd changer/ipod adapter (part RC-30RN). I am waiting for the shop to call me back, but wondered if anyone on here had tracked one down.

Third and finally my front left woofer (still the factory unit) rattles like crazy at all volumes as if something is touching it. Pretty sure it's not blown, I'm going to take it out and see if anything from behind is coming into contact with the cone. Anyone know of any common culprits in the door that make this happen?

Andy_CC
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane CC and Nissan Navara Avantura

Re: HU setttings with sub

Postby Andy_CC » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:29 pm

M3gane wrote:Bit of a long post but bear with me!

Had my amp and subwoofer installed at the weekend and trying to get it set to perform best.

I have a Sony CDX-GT30RN (ie the Renault one) and my amp is connected to the pre-out which is set to be a 'sub out' on the HU. This gives me the option of adjusting LPF to 125 or 75 hz, or off. What does it do and what should I set to? (my sub is a 12" pioneer driver in a standalone enclosure in the boot) The sound is definitely tighter with it in one of the 'on' positions. Should I just use my ear and judge it?

Also I am trying to track down the connector to use this HU with a cd changer/ipod adapter (part RC-30RN). I am waiting for the shop to call me back, but wondered if anyone on here had tracked one down.

Third and finally my front left woofer (still the factory unit) rattles like crazy at all volumes as if something is touching it. Pretty sure it's not blown, I'm going to take it out and see if anything from behind is coming into contact with the cone. Anyone know of any common culprits in the door that make this happen?

LPF stands for Low Pass Filter. basically depending on what ur sub is rated at you should set its to the closest setting (the Hz rating for the sub should be listed in the instruction). with the LPF off then then head unit will be sending medium and high frequecies to the sub which isnt gud! 75hz will only let through the lowest notes (ideal for the really low bassy songs) and 125 hz lets through slightly more, which is prob best for every day music.

as for the speaker, are your sure its not lose or window vibration??? if it isnt something rathing then id say it was blown!
07 Megane CC 1.6 Dynamique and Nissan Navara Avantura with 215 bhp and 480n/m Torque wooohooooo!!!!

M3gane
Passed Theory

Postby M3gane » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:31 am

Well I took the speaker out yesterday and it rattles even when connected to my home stereo so looks like the driver has gone.

The symptoms are that the sound comes through but sounds really scratchy, with no low range whatsoever.

I'll just buy another one from renault.

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 1.5DCi + Lexus RX 300

Postby ICEMAN » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:42 pm

no point buying another standard one from Renault...you might as well invest in the pioneer replacement - or another replacement budget component speaker...anything is MUCH better then the standard Renault ones!! trust me!
Black Megane - Black Tints - Black 18" Rims with Chrome - Angel Eyes - Shark Fin - Tail Fins - Kenwood DNX7200 - ipod Video -Hertz Space 6.5" Components - PG Ti500.4 - MTX 9544-15" Sub - Orion D5000 - Audison Cabling - Optima Power = NICE

M3gane
Passed Theory

Postby M3gane » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:24 pm

I take your point about the replacement, as I had in mind the pioneer components. But these are about £70, and the OEM replacement was £12 - easy decision in the run up to xmas!

The renault one gets things working again and the sub transforms things for now anyway.

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 1.5DCi + Lexus RX 300

Postby ICEMAN » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:04 pm

good point!!
Black Megane - Black Tints - Black 18" Rims with Chrome - Angel Eyes - Shark Fin - Tail Fins - Kenwood DNX7200 - ipod Video -Hertz Space 6.5" Components - PG Ti500.4 - MTX 9544-15" Sub - Orion D5000 - Audison Cabling - Optima Power = NICE

Return to “ICE”