MP3 Player on Meg

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

fireman1979
Passed Theory

MP3 Player on Meg

Postby fireman1979 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:03 pm

Hi to all megane owners! Can you suggest me a way to play mp3 in my car without loosing steering wheel controls and the dashboard lcd screen? I have tuner list radio and as far as i understood i can't make an aux entry for ipod or mp3 player :( (this can be done only in update list radios, am i right?). Is there any MP3 Player which keeps steering wheel controls and the dashboard lcd screen without using any adapter? I heard that SONY CDX GT30 RN can do this. Is it true? Thanks! Nice rides :cool: :cool:

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Re: MP3 Player on Meg

Postby Paddy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:53 pm

fireman1979 wrote:Hi to all megane owners! Can you suggest me a way to play mp3 in my car without loosing steering wheel controls and the dashboard lcd screen? I have tuner list radio and as far as i understood i can't make an aux entry for ipod or mp3 player :( (this can be done only in update list radios, am i right?). Is there any MP3 Player which keeps steering wheel controls and the dashboard lcd screen without using any adapter? I heard that SONY CDX GT30 RN can do this. Is it true? Thanks! Nice rides :cool: :cool:

You are correct, the tuner list does not have the aux in iso connection on the back.

Yes the sony CDX GT30 RN does work with the stalk controls, but do u see the price of it, £235 for must be said, not a great head unit. You could find alot better out there including the cost of the adapter cable.

fireman1979
Passed Theory

Postby fireman1979 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:19 am

Thanks for you reply :cool: ! Can you suggest me another head unit with a reasonable cost?

Paddy
F1 Driver

Postby Paddy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:45 pm

fireman1979 wrote:Thanks for you reply :cool: ! Can you suggest me another head unit with a reasonable cost?

Something like the Pioneer DEH-P7900UB UK, I have this head unit at the moment, it cost 143.99 delivered with the adapter. Has all you need Bluetooth, USB, Mem Card, Ipod connection and displays it in dash and on HU with full stalk control. It has 2 pre outs and one AUX in plus multi change ISO in. So i use it with the standard Ren multi changer.

There is others out there but this is good for the price especially with the Pioneer REN Speakers and Tweeters... effort to fit required!

fireman1979
Passed Theory

Postby fireman1979 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:59 am

It's a good HD but here in Greece it's very expensive :x :x I'll try on eBay :)

Paddy
F1 Driver

Postby Paddy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:50 pm

fireman1979 wrote:It's a good HD but here in Greece it's very expensive :x :x I'll try on eBay :)

Try the uk ebay thats where i got mine.

necrophagist

Postby necrophagist » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:05 pm

Hey Ulrich, I have a question (I am utterly clueless and useless with car audio matters so bear with me). Will the Pioneer head unit you mentioned work out of the box, or do I need a series of plug adaptors and such? Also will it look OK in the stereo enclosure or so I need a fascia of some sort? I also read that Megane CD-Changers only work with the Renault stock stereos so I'm excited by the prospect of a head unit that can use it. Will it just work or do you need to frig it somehow?

I pick up my Megane tomorrow, and it's the first Renault I've ever owned so excuse the silly and basic questions.

Paddy
F1 Driver

Postby Paddy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:28 pm

necrophagist wrote:Hey Ulrich, I have a question (I am utterly clueless and useless with car audio matters so bear with me). Will the Pioneer head unit you mentioned work out of the box, or do I need a series of plug adaptors and such? Also will it look OK in the stereo enclosure or so I need a fascia of some sort? I also read that Megane CD-Changers only work with the Renault stock stereos so I'm excited by the prospect of a head unit that can use it. Will it just work or do you need to frig it somehow?

I pick up my Megane tomorrow, and it's the first Renault I've ever owned so excuse the silly and basic questions.

Did you get your meggy? Which one? Enjoying her?

Yea you need an adapter, ill look up the product code for you. I got mine at Halfords was a bit more expensive but got it there and then. Apart from that just slips in. I can confirm that the multi changer will work. Im surprised you read other wise its a pretty standard ISO connection.

If i can get my hands on a camera i will take a pic of it for you as mine is nackered.

necrophagist

Postby necrophagist » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:39 pm

That would be really appreciated Ulrich, thanks so much.

And yeah, I picked her up yesterday and not put her down yet! 2006 Dynamique 1.9 130. Lovely car, the array of cool features is just astonishing (bear in mind I'm used to driving a 1993 Peugeot 306!!). Just missing the head unit for utter perfection!

Paddy
F1 Driver

Postby Paddy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:20 pm

necrophagist wrote:That would be really appreciated Ulrich, thanks so much.

And yeah, I picked her up yesterday and not put her down yet! 2006 Dynamique 1.9 130. Lovely car, the array of cool features is just astonishing (bear in mind I'm used to driving a 1993 Peugeot 306!!). Just missing the head unit for utter perfection!

Well you would notice quite a differance then, they are super cars for the money, you will enjoy the other french brand.

Not to push your boat out, but if you change the head unit it is well worth change all six speakers... Pion' do a set specialy for the Meggy. 4 6" and 2 Tweeters. Set you back about 200 plus a days work. Do a google search and you will find them or there is plenty of info about them on here... it's the differance in size of magnets that is quite something... well worth the money.

P

necrophagist

Postby necrophagist » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:21 am

ulrich100 wrote:
necrophagist wrote:That would be really appreciated Ulrich, thanks so much.

Well you would notice quite a differance then, they are super cars for the money, you will enjoy the other french brand.

Not to push your boat out, but if you change the head unit it is well worth change all six speakers... Pion' do a set specialy for the Meggy. 4 6" and 2 Tweeters. Set you back about 200 plus a days work. Do a google search and you will find them or there is plenty of info about them on here... it's the differance in size of magnets that is quite something... well worth the money.

P

I've been reading everything and anything to do with the Meg and speakers are something that have piqued my interest. I've never really experienced the benefit of decent speakers in a car and for a reasonably inexpensive investment, i'm seriously considering upgrading. However, I may have to wait until October payday though, this month has been shockingly expensive!

fireman1979
Passed Theory

Postby fireman1979 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:46 pm

I found on eBay CONNECTS 2 CTARNUSB003 RENAULT USB INTERFACE http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=380058925274.
I Would like to ask if this is compatible with all Tuner List Radios. :conf :conf :conf :conf
My car is a 2003 Meg with Tuner List.

Paddy
F1 Driver

Postby Paddy » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:39 pm

No this wont work with a 'tuner list' CD player as it does not have an AUX in.. that blue connection in the picture.. you need an 'update list' or later player for this device to work with.

P
Last edited by Paddy on Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fireman1979
Passed Theory

Postby fireman1979 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:27 am

No this wont work with a 'tuner list' CD player as it does not have an AUX in.. that blue connection in the picture.. you need an 'update list' or later player for this device to work with.

Mate I plugged it yesterday and it worked perfect with my tuner list :rock :rock
Now i can hear my favorite songs from a USB Stick without loosing steering wheel control and LCD Screen :cool: :cool:
It also provides an AUX IN and SD Reader, so you can hear music from SD Cards or your MP3 Player :)

Paddy
F1 Driver

Postby Paddy » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:20 pm

fireman1979 wrote:

Mate I plugged it yesterday and it worked perfect with my tuner list :rock :rock
Now i can hear my favorite songs from a USB Stick without loosing steering wheel control and LCD Screen :cool: :cool:
It also provides an AUX IN and SD Reader, so you can hear music from SD Cards or your MP3 Player :)

Yea but you have it pluged into where my multi changer is connect. So with a tuner list its one or the other.. not both. But it seems a good bit of kit, going to order one tonight... i think or just be done with it and order a dual din 7" TV GPS thingy!

Regards

P

Return to “ICE”