TunePoint

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

rovers63
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5 dci

TunePoint

Postby rovers63 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:17 pm

Just bought an 08 plate Megane 1.5 Tech run with a Tune poiont already fitted in the glove box.
I have an IPOD 60GB Photo (i think 4th generation).
No instructions how to use the Tune pooint and the dealership didn't know either.
Set the AUX to On from the menu on the radio, plugged in the Ipod and it just sat there saying do not dosconnect.

Any ideas, how I can get it to work.
The firmware on the Ipod is currently 1.2.1.

Cheers

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Re: TunePoint

Postby Gav » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:04 pm

Not having a Tunepoint I can't be sure, but do you get a CD-Changer option when cycling through the inputs? My Dension works by pretending to be a CD-Changer, so I would have thought the Tunepoint would do the same.
06 Extreme Blue 1.5dCi 106 Dynamique Sport Tourer with panoramic sunroof and Dension Gateway

steve the postman
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME TUNING BOX
DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER
HID HEADLIGHTS
PIAA HORNS
GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL

Postby steve the postman » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:06 pm

I've got an extreme with the tune point thingy
when i got the car the instructions were in the folder with the rest of the manuals
you should have been given them by the dealer
check the folder if its not there get onto your dealer
Steve
1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME, TUNING BOX, DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER, HID HEADLIGHTS, PIAA HORNS, GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL.

kjs_uk
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane T@ch Run - 1.5 dci

Postby kjs_uk » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:33 pm

Hi there,

I have a 08 1.5 TechRun - with the TunePoint thingy - and to be honest the sales person didn't know how to use it either...

Basically, I take it you have the standard Renault radio in there...press the source button until it displays 6CD - that is the connection for the TunePoint. A word of advice. The TunePoint (or the radio rather) can only handle a certain limit of memory sizes - and I don;t think its able to handle the 60Gb...but I may be wrong as I haven't tested it with that much Gig...I have simply loaded MP3s onto a 8Gb USB stick and have left it stuck in there.

Regards
K

bobsimes
Currently Drives:: megane cc 1.6

Postby bobsimes » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:07 am

i have an instruction manual from the makers of the tune point they sent it as a .pdf document. dont know how to post it on here so if there is a moderator wishes to email me i will send it on to them and they can hopefully post it on the forum for all to see.

simon

bobsimes
Currently Drives:: megane cc 1.6

Postby bobsimes » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:09 am

should the tune point display the track details on any of the displays with an update list stereo?

thanks

simon

Return to “ICE”