Will a Tuner List cd changer work with an Update List radio

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

RossNicol
Currently Drives:: Megane (53 Plate)

Will a Tuner List cd changer work with an Update List radio

Postby RossNicol » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:08 pm

Hi All,

First post on here.

I've searched for the answer, but couldn't find it - so apologies if this has already been answered.

Will the standard in-dash 6 disc changer from a Megane with a Tuner List radio work with an Update List radio? If so, is there anything specific I need to buy / do to get it to do so?

The reason I'm asking is that my current Megane (53 plate Dynamique) is currently at the repair centre after someone ran into the side of it in our work car park, and it's looking like it's going to be written off :( The impact was on the passenger side and both doors are badly dented, the pillar between them appears to have been pushed in about an inch or so, the sunroof has sprung on the rear at the drivers side, and the rear passenger door is twisted enough to see daylight at the back top corner of it from inside the car :( Plus all the passenger side airbags were triggered.

Anyway - I've been to the garages etc, and am looking at a 55 plate Oasis as a possible replacement - depending on how much I get from the insurance if they do write it off. The Oasis has an update list radio, but no changer - just the standard pocket underneath the head unit, so I was thinking of taking the changer out of the old car before it gets scrapped, but wondered if I would need to take the headunit as well, or do I just need to take the connecting cable or something?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Ross

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Re: Will a Tuner List cd changer work with an Update List radio

Postby cactusbob » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:32 pm

Yes it will work. Make sure you take the linking cable out of the old car too. You will also need the code of the original headunit that it was connected to.
225 5dr FF + Xenons
http://www.meganesport.net

RossNicol
Currently Drives:: Megane (53 Plate)

Re: Will a Tuner List cd changer work with an Update List radio

Postby RossNicol » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:34 pm

cactusbob wrote:Yes it will work. Make sure you take the linking cable out of the old car too. You will also need the code of the original headunit that it was connected to.

Turns out the question may be moot though as the insurance company are saying that if the cd changer is part of the standard specs for that model of the car, then I'll not be able to take it out :(

Ross

Return to “ICE”