Megane II, tweeters in the rear doors ?

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

tweety7

Megane II, tweeters in the rear doors ?

Postby tweety7 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:58 am

Hello
I'm new here, I own a new Megane sedan 1.5 DCI , and I live in Jerusalem, Israel , My car didn't have the original CD player so I've fitted the PIONEER DEH-65BT HU, with original 13 cm speakers in the front doors and pair of tweeters on the dash..
here in the forum , I've read that most of you praise the TS-Q131C , (again the Israeli representative of PIONEER didn't even hear about this model , so I've ordered then from caraudio24.de ) they are great , and have much more clear sound then the original ,-
The original 13cm "woofers" I've installed in the rear doors .. -
my question is:
this speakers are useless without their companion the tweeters - now I have the original pair of tweeters left alone , and I need to find a solution how they can be fitted to the rear doors , so the sound will be perfect .. any ideas ?

Sorry for the long post, and for my bad English (not my native language :roll: )

thanks...

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:53 pm

The original tweeters tweeters have some filter arrangement on the back of them. You could therefore just wire them in parallel with the rear speakers. Your best bet is just to buy some similar all in one Pioneer ones and stick them in. That'll match the sound of the front ones perfectly
225 5dr FF + Xenons
http://www.meganesport.net

tweety7

yes you right but...

Postby tweety7 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:20 pm

Your best bet is just to buy some similar all in one Pioneer ones and stick them in.

The problem is that in the rear door you can't put any speaker rather then the original due to the magnet size issue...
I've read that some here has manage to fit standard 13cm - 2ways speakers, in the rear door ... but
1. I'm afraid to damage the door
2. I'll find my self with set of "woofers-tweeters" combo , that I've spent on allot of money ...

I'm thinking of building a small enclosure - 5X4.5X3.5 cm made of plywood , place the tweeter inside it , and place the enclosure somewhere on the door... ..

mmm if it will be done , I post some photos..

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:54 am

I think there is more space in the back doors for speakers. Have a search on here for some Pioneers that fit
225 5dr FF + Xenons

http://www.meganesport.net

MrAsia
Advanced Driver

Postby MrAsia » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:15 pm

The Pioneer TS-E1396 fit fine, it's a 3 way speaker and with a bigger magnet then stock.
Remapped Mégane 1.6L

Return to “ICE”