Sub

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Racebod

Sub

Postby Racebod » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:22 pm

Any One got any Ideas where to put either a 10" or 12" sub in a Scenic without losing any boot space, Also need to fit an AMP maybe two.

Any Help would be appreciate. I know it's a hard problem.

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 1.5DCi + Lexus RX 300

Postby ICEMAN » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:35 pm

Option 1
you could have a free air sub....which means the sub sits on a shelf. this way you dont loose any boot space.

Option 2
Create a fibreglass enclosure for your sub.....this will be expensive!

Option 3
dont use a 10" sub. Instead get 2 x 8" subs in the rear doors and get them amped (not forgetting the soundproofing of the doors)

Option 4
Dont use a sub.......use the money to buy a 3way speaker system.
Black Megane - Black Tints - Black 18" Rims with Chrome - Angel Eyes - Shark Fin - Tail Fins - Kenwood DNX7200 - ipod Video -Hertz Space 6.5" Components - PG Ti500.4 - MTX 9544-15" Sub - Orion D5000 - Audison Cabling - Optima Power = NICE

kylehimself
Pass Plus

Postby kylehimself » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:09 pm

build a frame for in the spare wheel. i seen this on meganesport.net a while back. seems like thats exactly what you would want if you want your boot space. obviously you could just make a basic version if you couldn't bas assed with all that.

so here it is from megsport. (id just post a link but sometimes they dont let non paid members view)

Ok, I needed to keep my boot space as its a family car......but have been lightly bitten by the ICE bug.....and ended up wanting a bit more bottom end.

Thought about one of the all in one Alpine units.........but changed my mind

Ended up with an Alpine AMP (352) and a 10" JLW1v2 - and a spare wheel to boot - installed like this...

Power cable installation, finding the grommit is easy.....well, it is from the inside anyways......I was scared when MrT and 306Dean got the spanners out......

but all went fine. The power cable runs through the grommit - thanks to MrTs persistance - obviously used to pushing small things into tiny spaces :funnysh1t:...aaah couldnt resist that one

so, next for the AMP. Under floor was gonna mean lifting it a bit far - so its hidden away behind here

checked the heat thing.......doesnt get run on huge power so should be ok, if it starts cutting out I shall cut the carpet along the top to allow the heat to get out......will wait and see

Box time.......local ICE place wanted 250 spondoolies to make me a fibreglass box so I thought again

bendy ply and a buddy who likes challenges and was quite good at woodwork....we started to make the box. Heres the frame - just checking the size

so it fits..........skinned using bendyply and then laminated in black, and the top finished with a cool frosted acrylic top

Installed it looks like this....:drool:

had to lift the floor a little (still using the original floor - doesnt seem to affect the sound at all - but this is my first install - so dont really know what it should sound like) so built a kinda frame for it to sit on - round the edge

Also carpeted them and the rest of the boot floor - looks a bit better I think
The little block provides support in the middle - it rests on the tyre - otherwise the floor wasnt gonna be very strong at all

And if I need the wheel? it lifts out without too much fuss

boot floor back in - and nobody would know

it sounds.......:bomb: :bomb: quite silly really. I think the volume is quite low compared to the recommendations - but I have packed it with wadding - apparently this confuses the sub into thinkiing there is more volume available - dont know but seems to work.

Wifey hates it - kids want to know what that thunder noise is.......and daddy is enjoying his midlife crisis

hope this helps

kyle :cool:

Racebod

Postby Racebod » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:49 pm

Thanks for all the Idea's the last one looks good

Thanks Kyle

MeganeChick
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Black Gold '06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, blanking plate, custom air intake feed, RSTuning remap (255bhp), ITG panel filter, Samco silicon air intake pipe, Forge Intercooler, renaultsport alloy wheel decals, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

Postby MeganeChick » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:18 pm

yeah Ross who had that last sub installation for his car - is asking if people wanna do a group buy for those - so check MS for info about it - may be able to get some made up.
'06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, tuned, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

McLaren
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane

Re: Sub

Postby McLaren » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:18 am

Been looking all over the place for a sub box like that as I need my boot . Can any one make one are no where can get them? Thanks

Return to “ICE”