advice needed urgently.......

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

neil stag

advice needed urgently.......

Postby neil stag » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:34 pm

Hi, im new to this so bear with me . I recently purchased a megan 1.6vvt on an 07 plate and decided i would put myself a banging new music system in so after much searching purchased a sony mex igp.Upon opening the box it was obvious that i need to buy a iso connector so off i went to my local halfords to purchase one.The reply i got when asked if they had any was totally not what i was expecting .Get this ,the guy told me that after 2001 all french cars were fitted with a multiplex wiring system and if you fitted an after market stereo it could cause major wiring and ecu problems.Well i nearly sh1t myself.....the guy advised me not to fit my new stereo system.So now ive got a new stereo and i dare not fit it.Is there any truth in what he is saying or is he .....well you tell me.I need serious advice and fast .Iwould be very grateful for any advice on this subject

walibe
Pass Plus

Postby walibe » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:55 pm

Hes talking rubbish. You need a couple of adaptors though which will cost a few bob if you want the steering controls and very limited display.

These guys sell all the needed adaptors last time I checked:

https://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/home.html

Just about all new cars (not just french) have a Canbus based system which is a right pain in the ass. Hopefully stereo manufactures will start producing more directed towards newer cars.

They are pretty knowledgeable and you can phone them if you need help. Theres a few other on-line companies that are pretty good too.

neil stag

Postby neil stag » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:04 pm

Thanks for that m8.I was hoping somebody would say that...

steve the postman
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME TUNING BOX
DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER
HID HEADLIGHTS
PIAA HORNS
GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL

Postby steve the postman » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:09 pm

i've just put a jvc avx2 dvd head unit into mine no problems at all
waiting for stalk adapter to arrive then have full control
one thing i would reccomend though if you can is get a DAB digital radio more choice and better sound

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:35 pm

rule one with halfrauds dont use them unless you run out of windscreen wash or the magic tree needs replacing

rule two there is no halfrauds
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 1.5DCi + Lexus RX 300

Postby ICEMAN » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:12 pm

what a load of sh1t!!

that guy must have been a stuck up tw@ that cant afford half the stuff they sell on clearence!!

Mate, ive probably got one of the loudest meganes in the middlands!!! tv screen, 0awg wiring, 2 batteries the full works!!!

dont u worry about halfrauds

just remember rule 2: there is no halfords
Black Megane - Black Tints - Black 18" Rims with Chrome - Angel Eyes - Shark Fin - Tail Fins - Kenwood DNX7200 - ipod Video -Hertz Space 6.5" Components - PG Ti500.4 - MTX 9544-15" Sub - Orion D5000 - Audison Cabling - Optima Power = NICE

neil stag

Postby neil stag » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:12 pm

thanks for the replys chaps.....i now need help to find an iso adaptor for my stereo...any recomendations ..thanks sony mex 1gp

Return to “ICE”