FM Transmitters

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

JacquesC

FM Transmitters

Postby JacquesC » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:34 pm

What is people's experience of getting an FM transmitter (for mp3/ipod) working in the MeganeII?

I'm thinking of getting one that plugs straight into the cigarette lighter - can the radio pick up a good signal from such a set up or should I start saving for a tunepoint?
Liberté, égalité, fraternité

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Postby nickbell69 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:14 pm

I got one from e bay was about £20 if i remember rightly. Had it couple of years now and it works perfectly. Just plug it into lighter select right frequency and away you go. Never had a problem with it. I keep looking at tunepoint but can't justify spending that amount when transmitter works ok.

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:15 pm

I had one and was not impressed mind you i do long distance and was getting interference moving in and out of different regions and could not get traffic updates on RDS, if you have an UPDATE LIST radio see the link below (you will have either UPDATE or TUNER LIST printed on the front facia of your stereo the cable mod will not work on a tuner list model)
I find it great no interference or retuning plus you get traffic updates as long as you select it as you are not using the FM Rxer

https://www.meganeownersclub.co.uk/forum ... php?t=5873
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

navid.v
Rally Driver

Postby navid.v » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:45 pm

I had one but wouldn't recommend it,get an ipod adopter and connect directly;the quality is far better than fm transmitter.
Current Car:BMW Z4 2.5 SE 04,Renault Clio Dynamique S 1.2 TCE 58 ;Previous Car:Megane II Sports Hatch 55 Reg Ottoman Blue 1.6 VVT

Return to “ICE”