tunerlist??

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Ozzy82
Learner Driver

tunerlist??

Postby Ozzy82 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:06 pm

when i bought my 2003 megane, it had a JVC headunit fitted. but the stalk controls and the display wasnt working. read through a couple of posts about a connects2 adaptor but as i am a complete newbie i have not got a clue as to which one i need! and also i cannot tell which original headunit i had (tunerlist or the other?). please can someone point me in the right direction, i am looking for the connects2 adaptor for my car

thanks
1.6 VVT Dynamique, 2003, Ottoman Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, Auto lights/wipers, Pioneer TS-Q131c, Shinyautos.com Blue LED interior lighting, ITG filter, HID Lights (Cheers Andy!!)

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:10 pm

Your original headunit would have been a TunerList
225 5dr FF + Xenons
http://www.meganesport.net

Ozzy82
Learner Driver

Postby Ozzy82 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:12 pm

cheers cactusbob.... any recommendations on compatible headunits which will allow me to use the stalk remote and display? looking at a dvd motorized flip but am worried about the 7" screen covering the vents....
1.6 VVT Dynamique, 2003, Ottoman Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, Auto lights/wipers, Pioneer TS-Q131c, Shinyautos.com Blue LED interior lighting, ITG filter, HID Lights (Cheers Andy!!)

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:05 pm

If you want full display you are looking at an Alpine unit with an Alpine adaptor. Alternatively you can use a Sony headunit with a Connects2 DRNS003. If you can live with a limited display then you can get away with an InCarTec adaptor and pretty much any headunit manufacturer you like. All of those solutions will give you steering wheel controls.
225 5dr FF + Xenons

steve the postman
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME TUNING BOX
DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER
HID HEADLIGHTS
PIAA HORNS
GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL

7 inch screen

Postby steve the postman » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:38 pm

hi
i had a sony motorised 7 inch screen in my 05 oasis
screen does not get near vents but does cover A/C and heated rear screen switches also temp controls
it will go in lower din slot but looks really strange also can not get a space filler to fit around bottom gap and have hole above it
Steve

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:51 pm

A lot of screens have a button that will temporarily move the screen out of the way
225 5dr FF + Xenons

steve the postman
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME TUNING BOX
DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER
HID HEADLIGHTS
PIAA HORNS
GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL

Postby steve the postman » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:04 pm

yeah mine did but it still didn't last long
boys in blue didn't like the screen on even if it was just showing screensaver or radio channel can't see why

Ozzy82
Learner Driver

Postby Ozzy82 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:06 pm

its not against the law for the screen to be up, is it??

adrimo

Postby adrimo » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:29 pm

by law the only screen in drivers vision should be sat nav. all screens with images should go blank once the car is in motion.

thats why screens come with a handbrake cable which only allows the screen to display images when in the on position.

Ozzy82
Learner Driver

Postby Ozzy82 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:58 pm

AHH i didnt know that!! :shock:

so it is true, u do learn something new everyday :cool:

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:11 pm

Under Regulation 109 of the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986, it is an offence to drive a motor vehicle on a road if the driver is in such a position as to be able to see, whether directly or by reflection, a television screen showing anything other than information:

(a) about the state of the vehicle or equipment;

(b) about the location of the vehicle and the road on which it is located;

(c) to assist the driver to see the road adjacent to the vehicle;

(d) to assist the driver to reach his destination.
225 5dr FF + Xenons

Ozzy82
Learner Driver

Postby Ozzy82 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:50 pm

after clearing up the issues i've had with the DVLA, its time for me to start putting some ICE in my car... i am looking for a dvd player but am getting mixed opinions as to whthere i should buy a single-DIN motorized flip or a double-DIN unit. any recomendations guys?? i want to use the steering wheel controls and display (but display not important).
All links, pics and opinions welcome

Return to “ICE”