MP3 connection to update list for less then a tenner*updated

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

Re: MP3 connection to update list for less then a tenner*upd

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:42 pm

mate, goto this web site and search M-44-1 (put in the dashes) this will bring up a yellow iso connector you will also need item M-47-1 which are the contacts (pack of 10 dont get the pack of 100)

https://www.nexxia.co.uk/products.asp?section=CAR AUDIO&category=Mini ISO Connectors

or copy above into browser (cant get the link to work correctly)

as for the wires, one of my mates is taking his out in the next couple of days, he will hopefully give me a colour wire pin out for the connector,

radio code have a look in the FAQ section

will be using the web site to get a green connector to redo my cut shut job on the aux input (couldnt find them 6 years back)
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

clivemcl

Postby clivemcl » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:01 am

Cheers Bumpy. Ive just bought those. I'm still concerned at only being able to locate three wires when other photos are showing six.

I have two brown and one grey.

If you look at this: http://tlcdcemu.sourceforge.net/hardware.html here is the key explaining what each pin connection is. Any ideas what the abbreviations are and which ones are vital?

CCU(*) connector
1 DTA
2 CLK
3 MIRQ
4 n/c
5 Radio ON
6 GND

I can tell by looking at yours and others photos that the grey wire is for '5 Radio On', and the brown wires are either '1 DTA' or '4 N/C' or both. I'm guessing the others are important too, but I've followed the wires right back and can see no more, not even any that have been snipped back.

Also, In case its relevant, my Black ISO block has a wire in every pin, yet in other peoples photos a belive there are two or three empty.

clivemcl

Postby clivemcl » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:13 am

I've just realised the steering wheel codes are required to enter the code. I'm fairly sure I'm on a road to nowhere here without all the wires. Aftermarket stereo might be my best bet.

RODDERS VSOC
Currently Drives:: 07 Megane 1.5 DCI Dynamique
07 Astra CDTI SRI

Postby RODDERS VSOC » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:09 pm

I'm the mate Bumpy is refering to, got my new Sony head unit today and will install it at work tomorrow (boss willing!) so will let you know colours and pins afterwards

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:54 am

Ok mate, Rodders and I had a good look at the connector, you should have only three wires from your loom Brown, green and grey as you have so no dramas, the brown is connected to a pin from which a wire is used to connect (or link) to another pin, same for the green, this gives five connections, only five pins are connected

now looking at the diagram you have given it gives the following pin out

1 data
2 clock
3 mirq (?)
4 not connected
5 radio on
6 ground

using the same pin refs we found the following wired

1 brown
2 green
3 green
4 brown
5 grey
6 not connected

diagram is numbered as per the diagram you posted, have also orientated it the same, coloured pins refer to colour of wires, the links are also shown

if you look at my photo on first page of thread (how to fit aux thingy) you can see the yellow connector, look at pins 1 and 4 , pin 1 you can see two brown wires one is the wire from the loom the second is the link wire going to pin 4 (next to it)

why the wiring does not tie in with the pin out on the diagram i dont know but i suspect they may have messed up the numbering some how of the pins on the diagram
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

clivemcl

Postby clivemcl » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:13 pm

Guys, you have been so more helpful than i could have hoped for. Excellent! Hopefully my connections arrive tomorrow and will give it a go over the weekend! I'll let you know how I get on!

clivemcl

Postby clivemcl » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:50 pm

Not going well Bumpy. I have three wires. I have the the grey one you have in your picture, i have the 'straight' brown and white stripe wire, but my third is a 'twist' brown and white stripe. Which i went ahead assuming was the same as the green wire I should have. Based on this assumption, the stereo still does not show on display or appear to work with the stalk control, when connected folowing your instructions.

I was so sure this was it nailed. Another point, in case it matters... your black ISO connection shows two empty pins, yet all of mine are taken. maybe just a slight model change. I'm going to now take the bare wires and see if anything happens when I touch them to each pin connection. maybe a stupid idea, but I think this project is just about giving up on!

clivemcl

Postby clivemcl » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:56 pm

on second thoughts the othe brown wire may be exactly the same, except it is actually twisted itself!

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:30 pm

mmm, not sure on the wires, possible loom change both rodders and mine are 2007 models, however i will try and get hold of my wifes which is a phase one 2005 model and see if hers is different wiring wise, will not be able to grab alook until the weekend as im doing nights and will not see her long enough to take her car apart....

jodanuke
Currently Drives:: Megane cc 2007

Postby jodanuke » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:10 pm

You can buy one ready made on E-bay for £10 or so. Bought one last week and it works perfectly. I can even use the boot mounted Cd changer.

scottytaz
Currently Drives:: laguna 1.6 16v rt sport
changing to megane 1.4 dynamique

Postby scottytaz » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:21 pm

im in the process of buying a 2004 megane dynamique and was wonderinhg if they use standard iso connections cos the previous user has put a sony radio/tape in it

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:03 pm

As above check e-bay search renault aux mp3 ipod
simple lead set has green mini iso connector to a 3.5mm headphone jack, other avail with RCA sockets...............

richc
Currently Drives:: Megane Coupe cabriolet 2005 Citroen C3 1.6HDI

Postby richc » Fri May 20, 2011 3:30 pm

Hi All I am afraid to say I am a newby here. Have been reading many posts about update list stereos and connecting mp3 outputs to aux. I have update list stereo with 6discs changer in dash. Can I stil do mod and leave changer connected as described previously? Dont really want to lose multichanger to connect mp3 Any help would be really appreciated Ps sorry for probably askin silly questions or possibly repeating a post I could not find a definitive answer. Regards Rich

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Postby Paddy » Sat May 21, 2011 12:09 am

richc wrote:Hi All I am afraid to say I am a newby here. Have been reading many posts about update list stereos and connecting mp3 outputs to aux. I have update list stereo with 6discs changer in dash. Can I stil do mod and leave changer connected as described previously? Dont really want to lose multichanger to connect mp3 Any help would be really appreciated Ps sorry for probably askin silly questions or possibly repeating a post I could not find a definitive answer. Regards Rich

Its an either/or im afraid.

The multi changer uses the same input.

richc
Currently Drives:: Megane Coupe cabriolet 2005 Citroen C3 1.6HDI

Postby richc » Sat May 21, 2011 10:53 am

Cheers for reply Paddy,
Looking through previous posts and pictures. Some think they can connect with cd changer in place and some cannot. I have to be honest and say i haven't taken stereo out as yet to see wiring but just been running through ideas. Will get back to you once i have had a 'peep' Thanks again

Return to “ICE”