MP3 connection to update list for less then a tenner*updated

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

Re: MP3 connection to standard HU for less then a tenner*updated

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:03 pm

no dramas, glad to hear it worked and that another meg driver is enjoying their Mp3 without digging into the bank balance to do it....
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

scotthatton
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Renault Mégane Sport Tourer Privilège 1.9 dCi 120, Registered March 2005, bought April 2009.

Re: MP3 connection to update list for less then a tenner*updated

Postby scotthatton » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:24 pm

Forgive me if I misunderstand, but can I do this AND leave the 6 CD changer in place?

I have the Update List Stereo. I'm not 100% on how the CD changer connects to it (and haven't taken the radio out yet).
Do you still have access to the AUX pins? I'm guessing yes otherwise you wouldn't have the option in the menu.

Thanks for the tip - great solution!

Cheers,
Scott

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:08 pm

sorry mate cant answer for definate as i am not running a cd changer, however believe you can, drag it out and check that you have nothing in the slot where I have put the cut down connector, hopefully the pictures will help
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Postby Paddy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:30 pm

I think the Cd changer connects to the slot in question...

So its an either/or situation.

P

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:09 pm

hi, i have been loooking through the post, may i ask, what is the 3rd wire on yor connector connecting to? assuming its right n left n then both negative from right nd left, is this right?

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:21 pm

your assumption is correct the middle wire is a shared ground connection, left and right channels supplied by the outer red and black wire

Oliver6557
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 1.6 Privilege

Postby Oliver6557 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:45 pm

Hello,

Will the 6CD changer still work when the mp3 player will be connected in the Aux slot or are both connected to the same slot.

Thanks to let me know before I start.
Megane II 1.6 16V Privilege 2008

STH
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 1.5 dCi 106 Dynamique, Gold Coloured Bumpers, Rear Parking Sensors, Panoramic roof, CD Changer

Re: MP3 connection to update list for less then a tenner*upd

Postby STH » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:33 pm

Bumpy macaroon.
Do u have upgraded speakers?
1.5 dCi 106 Dynamique, Quarts Colour Coded Bumpers, Rear Parking Sensors, Panoramic roof, CD Changer

STH
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 1.5 dCi 106 Dynamique, Gold Coloured Bumpers, Rear Parking Sensors, Panoramic roof, CD Changer

Postby STH » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:36 pm

Also,
To All,

Has anyone tried this upgrade to an 07 manage with a 6CD changer. Is it an either/or deal?
Shaun from Norwich.
1.5 dCi 106 Dynamique, Quarts Colour Coded Bumpers, Rear Parking Sensors, Panoramic roof, CD Changer

BlueMeganeII
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 3 door 2.0 VVT Dynamique - Sunroof, 17" Alloys, Keyless Entry and start
55 Grand Espace Initial, Xenons, Leather, Sunroof, Keyless, Sat Nav, Tyre Pressure sensors, 18" Alloys, Roof spoiler/bars.

Postby BlueMeganeII » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:00 am

Its an either or deal I'm afraid, it plugs into the AUX connector which is what the CD changer uses.

scotthatton
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Renault Mégane Sport Tourer Privilège 1.9 dCi 120, Registered March 2005, bought April 2009.

Postby scotthatton » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:09 am

I finally got two minutes to drag my update list stereo out over the holidays and check if an AUX connection would work with the 6 CD changer left in place.

Seems like good news for those of us with the 6 CD changer :-)

See the attached photos:

99% sure that the blue connector is the CD changer. On Bumpy macaroon's photo's this is the empty socket at the bottom.

The space to the left of the yellow connect is free on mine, and this would be where the AUX goes.

Another picture of the sockets empty here:

Will order the lead and update.

Cheers,
Scott

clivemcl

Postby clivemcl » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:46 pm

Seriouly confused. I've just mought an 05 Meg and some plonker put ina different stereo without fascia and without steering wheel controls and it doesnt play cds!

I bought an 'update list' radio and tried to connect. The yellow square connection in the original post is not anywhere to be seen in my car, but instead I have the blue square one that Scotthatton shows. So I'm assuming the blue one is the display and steering wheel control connection, and your yellow one is your cd changer (cos i dont belive i have one).

I'd love the original poster or anyone to clear this up please!

My problem is that i've connected everything in but there is nothing on the display. I guess it wants a security code, but theres nothing on display to ket me know! Help please!

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:32 pm

Hy, on both my wifes o5 plate) and my current megane (57 plate) the yellow plug is for the display and steering wheel control, i have not seen a blue connector, i have also checked this against a work mates megane on 07 plate which is the same

none of these motors have a blue connector also none have or had a 6 cd changer, so either yours did have a cd changer with blue plug and the yellow plug has gone for a walk or yours is blue if this is the case have a good look at scotthattons picture the wire colouring will give it away, the stalk and display have light brown, grey, greens (six wires)where as the cd changer has black sheilded audio cable, red, yellow, blue and orange (8 wires)

or your car originally did not have the update list radio but the other type which for the life of me i cant remember its name

other than that im afraid i cant help

clivemcl

Postby clivemcl » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:26 pm

Hey Bumpy Macaroon. Cheers for responding. I'm aware of the two different radios. I'm pretty sure the 'update list' is correct for my car.

I have to assume that whoever swapped the stereo out originally has for some reason cut off the yellow connector. Problem is I can only see three stray wires : two brown and one grey.

Would it be at all possible to find one of these connection blocks and rewire it?

I have found this handy diagram http://tlcdcemu.sourceforge.net/hardware.htmlbut I'm not sure which of these wires are the ones i have and which are missing. Any ideas? I'd settle for just having the display wires.

clivemcl

Postby clivemcl » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:33 am

Actually, whilst I have your attention, I would be keen just to get the radio functioning.I might be able to enter a code without the display if someone could walk me through which buttons to press.

Return to “ICE”