MP3 connection to update list for less then a tenner*updated

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

richc
Currently Drives:: Megane Coupe cabriolet 2005 Citroen C3 1.6HDI

Re: MP3 connection to update list for less then a tenner*upd

Postby richc » Sat May 21, 2011 1:13 pm

Hi Paddy Just had stereo out to look. Not the 6 disc changer But it appears that there is a blank space on rear of stereo as I can see in other pics for some sort of connector to fit in. The link to the image of the rear of the update list stereo rear was as great help. It now looks like I can connect both without losing the changer. Wil have to search for connector cable now for mp3 from ebay. Does anyone know if autoleads do one. They usually make those sort of things. Thanx again Paddy. Wil update when poss done. Not sure when but wil post when done..... :-)

danielbanks

Postby danielbanks » Sun May 22, 2011 7:55 am

Just found "AF on" after holding expert. Does that mean Aux is ready to go?

If so, I just buy this and I am away?

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Adapter-IPOD-IPHO ... 519948d220

Can't wait if so as my C4 was never this easy!

Dan B

richc
Currently Drives:: Megane Coupe cabriolet 2005 Citroen C3 1.6HDI

Postby richc » Mon May 23, 2011 12:36 pm

Hi Daniel,
If i am not mistaken i think Af on is something to do with your radio. Not the Aux out settings. Think it stands for something like Auto frequency or something on those lines. Hope this helps.

gies74

Re: This is how i did it.

Postby gies74 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:48 pm

Thank you bumpy macaroon - excellent explanation - I did this and it works like a charm. it cost me only 20 euros for the cable

STH
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 1.5 dCi 106 Dynamique, Gold Coloured Bumpers, Rear Parking Sensors, Panoramic roof, CD Changer

Postby STH » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:25 pm

richc wrote:Hi Paddy Just had stereo out to look. Not the 6 disc changer But it appears that there is a blank space on rear of stereo as I can see in other pics for some sort of connector to fit in. The link to the image of the rear of the update list stereo rear was as great help. It now looks like I can connect both without losing the changer. Wil have to search for connector cable now for mp3 from ebay. Does anyone know if autoleads do one. They usually make those sort of things. Thanx again Paddy. Wil update when poss done. Not sure when but wil post when done..... :-)

Did you have any luck keeping the 6 disk CD changer and adding an AUX lead. Ive enabled my source selector to find the aux setting, so im ready to go if you have any success.
1.5 dCi 106 Dynamique, Quarts Colour Coded Bumpers, Rear Parking Sensors, Panoramic roof, CD Changer

STH
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 1.5 dCi 106 Dynamique, Gold Coloured Bumpers, Rear Parking Sensors, Panoramic roof, CD Changer

Postby STH » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:08 pm

1.5 dCi 106 Dynamique, Quarts Colour Coded Bumpers, Rear Parking Sensors, Panoramic roof, CD Changer

STH
Learner Driver

Postby STH » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:12 pm

scotthatton wrote:I finally got two minutes to drag my update list stereo out over the holidays and check if an AUX connection would work with the 6 CD changer left in place.

Seems like good news for those of us with the 6 CD changer :-)

99% sure that the blue connector is the CD changer. On Bumpy macaroon's photo's this is the empty socket at the bottom.

The space to the left of the yellow connect is free on mine, and this would be where the AUX goes.

Will order the lead and update.

Cheers,
Scott

Is this ebay lead the answer for the 6 CD Changer boys?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adapter-IPod- ... 199wt_1054

jamesessexeade
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Magane 1.9 dCi 130 Privilege Coupe Cabriolet

Postby jamesessexeade » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:16 pm

Guys, if it's just a 3.5mm AUX headphone port you require to plug your IPod or MP3 player into then you might find this handy:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17604

Hope this helps
Get that roof down, and 63 mpg, happy days indeed :)

STH
Learner Driver

Postby STH » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:30 pm

jamesessexeade wrote:Guys, if it's just a 3.5mm AUX headphone port you require to plug your IPod or MP3 player into then you might find this handy:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17604

Hope this helps

Cheers buddy. I will check it out

scotthatton
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Renault Mégane Sport Tourer Privilège 1.9 dCi 120, Registered March 2005, bought April 2009.

Postby scotthatton » Wed May 30, 2012 4:18 pm

scotthatton wrote:I finally got two minutes to drag my update list stereo out over the holidays and check if an AUX connection would work with the 6 CD changer left in place.

Seems like good news for those of us with the 6 CD changer :-)

See the attached photos:

99% sure that the blue connector is the CD changer. On Bumpy macaroon's photo's this is the empty socket at the bottom.

The space to the left of the yellow connect is free on mine, and this would be where the AUX goes.

Another picture of the sockets empty here:

Will order the lead and update.

Cheers,
Scott

Sorry I never updated on this.

It worked A ok according to the excellent instructions. As I guessed, I have BOTH the 6 CD charger and the AUX working. :-)

This might be specific to the model in my car, so make sure you check first.

I got the lead from these guys:
http://cdchangeremulator.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=55
( Blaupunkt auxiliary input lead - Product Code: BLAZ3 )

I added a Fiio E1 headphone amplifier, which lengthened the lead and makes it safer to do simple track forward/backward on my iPod Touch while driving.

All the best,
Scott

Return to “ICE”