Replacing Update List stereo in 2005 Megane

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Scareybear

Postby Scareybear » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:23 am

Sorry to dig this up, but apart for the Sony, are there any simple swap over H/U for th update list units.
Being in australia no-one knows much about late-model Renaults so I'm very limited to finding stuff on evil-bay.
I REALLY need to change my h/u.

thanks in advance

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:09 pm

AFAIK the GT-30RN is the only one for an UpdateList Renault
225 5dr FF + Xenons
http://www.meganesport.net

roband69

Re: Update list audio

Postby roband69 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:27 pm

GoldenWonder wrote:This is getting expensive!

I have an older Panasonic MP3 player which I might use instead and see how I manage without the steering controls - its a compromise really.

I've looked and queried the major online ICE resellers and they either didn't reply or offered conflicting answers.

Surely there is a simple (and cheap!) way to use the steering controls with a standard Sony/Pioneer etc unit without resorting to various boxes of tricks to display the minimal information on the dash display? Some of the adaptors I've seen for £100+ simply put the stereo manufacturer name on the display - wow!

When I bought the car I foolishly thought I would need a fascia adaptor, a Sony remote interface and a Renault remote interface - guessing about £50 for the three - how wrong I was!

If I'm spending £200 plus on installing a Sony HU - I'm wondering whether its easier to install the Renault MP3 compatible unit which is around the same price - has anyone any experience of these units?

HI there did you ever manage to get this sorted as i have an OEM update list stereo for sale that does mp3(special edition) this need s no adapters just plug and play

roband69

Re: Replacing Update List stereo in 2005 Megane

Postby roband69 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:51 pm

hi all there is another option you can get an original update list stereo that plays mp3 discs.
they are quite rare as they were only an option on the megane maxim range.
i have one for sale if any one is interested with the extra aux in lead to connect any 3.5mm mp3 player.
no adapters needed as is oem,no loss of stalk controls and display.
if interested my email is robandrew69@aol.co.uk.

davelowe
Driving Legend

Re:

Postby davelowe » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:25 pm

kmarty wrote:Ogg Vorbis (up to 320kbit)

Just thought that I'd mention out of academic interest that this file format provides a much better sound than mp3 at the same bitrate. I did some research using FFTs a while back & double blind trials.
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

pistyll
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.9dci 120bhp

Postby pistyll » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi,
hope someone can help please? just bought a 54 plate megane II 1.9dci, this particular vehicle has a naff aftermarket radio/cd player and I feel I must return to original spec radio/cd to enable the stalk control to function once more, however I am unsure which model came with my 54 plate megane and was hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction I dont want to buy a wrong model only to find the connectors dont marry up or worse still the complete wrong model for my car anyone help please???

kmarty
Learner Driver

Postby kmarty » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:52 pm

I have some (old) news:
Today I accidentally found a great feature - RACB/TunePoint knows AAC/M4A files (common in iTunes and Apple's products) same as it knows mp3/wma/ogg/wav files even it is not mentioned in manual. Just copy your m4a files on USB flash and they will be playable.

ERRATA: There is some unknown bitrate limitation. Just like with Ogg Vorbis files. M4A soundfile with 256kbps sounds jittered.
MEGΛNE Expression Grand Tour/Grandtour/Estate/Tourer 1.6 automat - 2005
sorry for my poor english
Image (Image)

Return to “ICE”