Need to remove Parrot 3100

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

w0mbat

Need to remove Parrot 3100

Postby w0mbat » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:53 pm

Hi,

Can anyone give me a quick list of what I need to remove to get to a Parrot 3100 that was installed in my Megane?

I want to swap it to another car and just need to remove it. Can I do this by just getting behind the Radio and CD changer (Dash mounted) and unplugging the connections?

I imagine that I will need to loosen the center console a bit to enable me to remove the wires and the LCD screen, this may seem like a REALLY stupid question, but where are the screws etc located that i will need to undo.

Hoping to do this later tonight and managed to fire off a quick email from work so apologies for the "wooly" description!

Cheers,
Neil

mintyman5
Passed Theory

Postby mintyman5 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:25 pm

all the wiring should just be plugged into your stereo wiring easy to do just unplug them , they are just iso blocks , there will also be the blue coloured bluetooth control unit behind there somewhere attached to the other end of your parrot wiring , remove that as well , i removed a 3100 from my meg to put a 3200 unit in , i took the stereo out and the facia as well thats the plastic that goes all around the aircon switches at the top all the way down to the ignition card slot at the bottom , when you remove your stereo there are two hex head screws behind there , you also need to remove the piece of plastic right at the bottom just infront of the ashtray holder it just pulls out , you'll find your diagnostic plug behind it and two more hexhead screws , once the four screws are out you just need to lever the surround out with a small screwdriver or something similar , with that surround out you get alot more space to work than removing just the stereo. :D

w0mbat

Postby w0mbat » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:13 pm

Cheers, I will give it a go :)

Return to “ICE”