Audio Connection Box (Tunepoint) for Renault

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

xirc0m
Learner Driver

Audio Connection Box (Tunepoint) for Renault

Postby xirc0m » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:16 am

Guys...

Renault has developed an interesting new accessory for the factory radio, the so called "Audio Connection Box".

This box replaces the optional CD changer and offers connections for USB drives, iPods and other portable media players (like diskmen, portable DVD players and other mp3 players). It also offers remote control of an iPod via the steering wheel satellite.

According to Renault the box supports the following audioformats:

· MP3

· Ogg Vorbis

· WAV

· WMA

Please note: this Audio Connection Box is not compatible with the Radio Cabasse system or cars equipped with Carminat navigation.

The cable of the Audio Connection Box is connected to the radio where normally the CD changer would be connected (blue plug).

Has anyone using this product in their Original HU?

If there is ... where do you guys get this....can anyone suggest or help ?

Cheers...

Vincent
Last edited by xirc0m on Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)

TomM
Learner Driver

Postby TomM » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:22 am

I saw this on their website a month or so back and made some enquiries... My local dealership quoted around £80 for the box itself, then around £70 to install it. "Sod that" I said! LOL.

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:57 am

This is probably an interface made by Connects2
225 5dr FF + Xenons
http://www.meganesport.net

xirc0m
Learner Driver

Postby xirc0m » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:11 pm

cactusbob wrote:This is probably an interface made by Connects2

Nope
The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.

xirc0m
Learner Driver

Postby xirc0m » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:18 pm

xirc0m
Learner Driver

Postby xirc0m » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:20 pm

xirc0m
Learner Driver

Postby xirc0m » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:24 pm

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:54 pm

So who really makes it? Renault aint bright enough
225 5dr FF + Xenons

xirc0m
Learner Driver

Postby xirc0m » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:16 pm

cactusbob wrote:So who really makes it? Renault aint bright enough

Guys... if you guys has any clues to get this within your area please do share with us :)

Thanks...

==========================================

Visteon Aftermarket supplies USB audio interface solution for Renault vehicles

FRANKFURT, Germany, Sept. 12, 2006 – Visteon Corporation (NYSE: VC), a leading supplier of automotive audio and infotainment technologies, is launching its innovative USB audio interface solution as an optional accessory for a wide range of Renault vehicles.

The intelligent USB interface, marketed by Renault as Audio Connection Box, links portable music players with the car’s audio system through the CD-changer interface. It is compatible with a wide range of portable electronic devices (including iPod®) through its USB, iPod® and aux-in connectors, transferring control to the in-car audio system via radio or steering wheel controls. Playback is controlled by the car radio using the existing CD changer commands. There is no need to reprogram or access the current radio software.

Available since September in the Renault Espace, Vel Satis, Laguna, Scenic, Megane, Modus, Clio, Twingo and various commercial vehicles, the audio connection box is distributed by Renault dealerships into the vehicle’s glove box.

“Visteon’s USB audio interface solution has been tailored to meet the specific requirements of Renault. The flexibility of this new product makes it very appealing to the end-consumer, who looks for easy consumer electronics connectivity and user-friendly digital audio formats,” said Hans Eric Destrée, Visteon’s commercial director for aftermarket mobile electronics in Europe. “The compatibility of this product with the majority of Renault radios makes it accessible to a wide range of customers.”

The operational software can be upgraded – to add new functionality or for decoding new file formats – by using an upgrade file stored on a memory stick.

The USB audio interface supports a wide range of audio file formats, including MP3, WMA and WAV at various sample rates. Compared with standard CD functions such as fast forward, rewind, skip track and random play; it also supports previous and next folder navigation.

The USB audio interface contains a connector for two additional inputs for further flexibility. A 9-pin circular DIN connector is used to attach an external audio unit such as an iPod® to the player. The USB audio interface takes the audio output from the external device and passes it through a 3.5mm jack socket for other remote devices to the radio head unit (e.g. Digital Audio Broadcast (DAB) radio).

Features of Visteon’s USB audio interface:

* Offers easy plug-and-play solution
o Controlled via audio system's CD-changer interface – no need to replace the existing vehicle audio system (compatible with all current Renault OEM radios – except Carminat navigation systems and Cabasse models – and with most radios installed on Renault vehicles already in service)
o Easily installed and fully integrated in the glove box
* Delivers high quality media & device flexibility
o Offers portable device connectivity: USB, iPod, Aux-In
o Supports MP3, WMA, WAV and Ogg Vorbis audio formats
* Enables connectivity of many consumer electronics and digital audio devices
* Provides quick connection and user-friendly handling for wide range of music media
* Future-ready through software updates

============================================

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:37 pm

It's a shame that all the Renault headunits it can connect to are not of the greatest quality in the first place
225 5dr FF + Xenons

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Postby Gav » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:08 pm

TomM wrote:I saw this on their website a month or so back and made some enquiries... My local dealership quoted around £80 for the box itself, then around £70 to install it. "Sod that" I said! LOL.

Do you think a Renault dealer would supply one for you/me to fit? I collect my sport tourer on Saturday and want to get my iPod connected ASAP, and the idea of being able to use any USB stick is appealing - quite like Fiat/Alfa's Blue&Me (in partnership with Micro$oft)...

MrAsia
Advanced Driver

Postby MrAsia » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:13 pm

TomM wrote:I saw this on their website a month or so back and made some enquiries... My local dealership quoted around £80 for the box itself, then around £70 to install it. "Sod that" I said! LOL.

Install it yourself. It's a 10-15min job, less then that if you can unscrew the screws faster.
Remapped Mégane 1.6L

glen290
Learner Driver

Postby glen290 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:12 pm

Looks pretty decent, if it fit in where the cd changer goes and had slots for sd cards etc, i think it might have looked a bit more standard equip rather than aftermarket..
http://www.bowl-northwest.co.uk
Sport Hatch Driver Black MII 2.0l VVT.

xirc0m
Learner Driver

Postby xirc0m » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:46 pm

glen290 wrote:Looks pretty decent, if it fit in where the cd changer goes and had slots for sd cards etc, i think it might have looked a bit more standard equip rather than aftermarket..

Exactly how I feel... this will be as a Standard to our Renault! Wonder where and who will sell it off the shelf @ the dealer or shop...

Can anyone input on this... BTW I am from Singapore and I need to get this in my Hands!!! lol

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Postby Gav » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:42 am

Found it on the UK Renault website:
https://www.renault.co.uk/TunePoint.aspx
They seem to be calling it the TunePoint

Return to “ICE”