Megane Expression - Fitting a CD Changer. What cable?

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

robhud
Currently Drives:: Megane Mk2 Expression Saloon Automatic

Megane Expression - Fitting a CD Changer. What cable?

Postby robhud » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:17 pm

Hi. I have a 2004 Megane Expression, 1.6 Mk 2. I bought a CD changer that fits into the dash below the radio head. My problem now is connecting it up, I need the cable that runs from the changer to the display and radio, I thought it would be somewhere stowed away but I cannot find it. Maybe these cars never had one included in the harness? Has any one any idea about the CD changer cable, is it already installed, or can I acquire a new lead somewhere. I have searched all usual outlets. The only thing I have managed to get is the cable plug that has been cut from a cable, a long thin green plug with black locking lever. A wiring diagram would help?

robhud
Currently Drives:: Megane Mk2 Expression Saloon Automatic

Re: Megane Expression - Fitting a CD Changer. What cable?

Postby robhud » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:53 am

Any one any idea? I went to Renault agency, totally useless, said only way to get a cable is to buy a new changer?
So it is a direct connecting cable, CD changer to radio? I asked
Yes, they come as plug and play.
So you mean the changer comes with a cable that you connect from CD changer to radio, so do you have spare cables I can procure.
No they come in the box with the player.
Yes I understand that, but my cables got cut, can you provide me with a replacement?
No, they come with the new player.

Well, with all the electrical connection problems I have had with this car (worse than American cars), this is going to be the last Renault that sits on my drive. I will be happy when I have had my knee replacement and I can get back in my old X Type.

But I still need a ferkin CD player to radio cable in the meantime. Even a wiring diagram will help,. anyone any links?

Return to “ICE”