Movine the clock in preperation for a display...

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Everso

Movine the clock in preperation for a display...

Postby Everso » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:57 pm

Hi all,

I am looking at mounting a screen up top on the dash - where the factory fitted screen would go. This will obviously block the clock/display. I don't think this will be a big deal as most stuff will be on the display anyway. Radio will be on the aux setting and the display will have the time showing so only losing the outside temp.

However - the thought did occur - can the display be moved? I was temped to put it in the slot under the current radio. I figure a blanking plate in there with appropriate hole cut would look o.k. Might need to extend the wires but that should be doable (how many wires are there to the back of it anyway - it is just the basic orange LED type). It may look a little odd under the radio so might move the radio to the lower slot and the clock above it ... don't know how possible that would be.

I am still working out the idea for the screen to go in there but it will either be my old Note 3 (5.5 inch screen) or a 7 inch tab 3 I have kicking about somewhere. I would love to get hold of a TomTom surround but the plastics for them seem to be stupid money - even on e-bay. The current thoughts are run some Velcro on the outside of the binnacle - some on the back and "bingo" it should just drop in there. I can then take it out to remove temptation and even bring it indoors should I want to do config/download updates etc.

I'll keep you guys updated as I go on and there will be pictures(unless it looks so bad I am embarrassed) :)

Everso

Return to “ICE”