New to ICE with Megane III 2012 5 door

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

sylvester20007
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane III 2012

New to ICE with Megane III 2012 5 door

Postby sylvester20007 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:04 am

Hello All,

First post. Have looked around and couldn't find or maybe understand what I am reading so I have a few small questions as I want to buy some better ICE for my car.

First off, going to buy 4 new door speakers and a pair of tweeters. This part is easy enough to do, but I am now thinking about adding an AMP to the mix. I was thinking this would round off the sound as I hear some people say changing the speakers with some Pioneers will give only a modest return on improved sound and they say its better to get an AMP.

So, my questions are these, and are two fold.

1. Are there any guides on how to connect an amp to the standard HU (is it worth it?)?
2. Adding a sub, is there a dedicated channel from the HU for Sub or does the AMP sort out the cross-over?
Or Do I buy a new HU and

1. Can I still make the Audio stalk work with the new HU (volume, track, source, answer calls and what not)?
2. Will I have problems with the TomTom Device if I get shot of the factory HU as they are interconnected?

So, Please drop any helpful advice you can, link spamming is ok too, provided that they are relevant..... :D

Thanks to all who would read and help this little Noob out..

Peace!

Return to “ICE”