Kingseong radio, Satnav, Bluetooth etc

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

kvnturner
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Dynamique VVT 1600 Glass top convertible in Black

Kingseong radio, Satnav, Bluetooth etc

Postby kvnturner » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:19 am

Hi all.
I have just got the Kingseong MTK3360 2 din radio unit with the cables and canbus for steering wheel control for my 2006 Megane. The issue I have is that the radio will not keep its memory. When the cables are connected there are three still loose, they are labelled Key1, Key2 and AmpCon. where do they go? why wont my radio work properly and how do I do it so it does?
Follow the link to see the unit I have and any help in getting my new to me Megane VVT 1600 class top up and running will be greatly appreciated. I have looked on the Forum but cannot find what I need. I can take pics if anyone needs them to help me. The unit did not have an instruction manual and I cannot see one on Google.
The unit I have is (you may have to copy and paste):
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281739468252? ... fresh=true

Thanking you all in advance.
:? :conf

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Re: Kingseong radio, Satnav, Bluetooth etc

Postby freelanderuk » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:11 am

One of the cables lable'd key will need a permanent live to it
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

Johnny Essex
Currently Drives:: 2008 Megane CC
Scenic Grand 1.6 Dynamique
Avantime V6 Privilege
and a Punto

Postby Johnny Essex » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:58 pm

Hi kvn,
I recently bought an Eosin ES7691M 2 DIN unit in the summer, with no instructions etc other than a lead diagram on top of the unit.
I too had the issue of radio stations not holding. A pain to re-tune every time getting in the car, re-set volume, remove annoying beep setting etc.
Googled the problem and someone said that the red and yellow supply leads to the unit needed to be cut and swapped, so yellow feed from the car should go to the red lead into the unit, and vice versa. Voila! It worked!
The unit is useless at radio reception though, even after installing an after-market powered aerial, and the steering wheel controls failed to work after a day or so, and I never did get the reverse camera I fitted to work (it was wireless, so quite complicated even though I thought I covered the install correctly, as I'm a bit of an advance planner.
Lack of good radio reception - maybe only two minutes of quality reception in a half hour journey, so I put the original radio and 6cd unit back in (it was an original upgrade extra).
Try the lead swap first. If no worky, you can always connect up the original way again.

Johnny Essex
Currently Drives:: 2008 Megane CC
Scenic Grand 1.6 Dynamique
Avantime V6 Privilege
and a Punto

Postby Johnny Essex » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:38 pm

Forgot to say - the 2DIN unit I bought was designed specifically for the Megane 2004 - 2009. The front face is curved exactly to fit the dashboard, and a canbus harness adapter is supplied. Incredible then that the electronics do not work.

Return to “ICE”