Reversing Camera Kit - Help! Please

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

sammii1991x
Currently Drives:: 2007 Renault Megane II DCI 150 GT

Reversing Camera Kit - Help! Please

Postby sammii1991x » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:33 am

Not sure if this is in the right place but the other half is adamant that he will keep reversing into things in my car! AND you moan about women drivers! (I am the woman - he is useless)

I have been treated to a reversing camera kit for my birthday but now Mr Useless has announced he doesn't know how to wire it in.
I have here a diagram, can anyone shed some light or some numpty instructions on how to do it?
Please?!

2007 Megane 2.0 150 GT 5 Door
2007 Megane II 2.0 DCI 150 GT - Standard and not girl'd up yet!

petepete
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: cc

Re: Reversing Camera Kit - Help! Please

Postby petepete » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:10 pm

i have one of those on a civic and as the screen hooks over the mirror i just have the rear view come on with the ignition all the time as even at night it doesnt distract and you always have a rear view...

As for help wiring it - dont even think about having a go if you cant grasp things from that clear diagram.

sammii1991x

Postby sammii1991x » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:40 pm

Helpful!
Criticism wasn't required but helpful comments were!
Having one wired in yourself your time would have been better used telling me what I need to know rather than wasting words.
I don't know much about cars or wiring I only drive the thing but I can work out most of it.
What I don't know is 'B' and the blue cable!

So if someone would be kind enough to help rather than pass judgement then it would be appreciated.

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Postby freelanderuk » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:04 am

the blue cable (b) goes to one side of the wiring for the reversing light , so when you put the gear lever in reverse and the reverse lamp lights up you also get power to your rear view camera :-)
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

petepete
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: cc

Postby petepete » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:54 am

The blue wire is a trigger wire to switch between V1 and V2 inputs if you have 2 cameras such as on a motorhome where one camera gives a rear view of traffic and the other points down to the rear of the vehicle so you can select it and see to park safely or see if your bike has fell off the bike rack !

you can switch between v1 and v2 on the tft anyway but i guess some like the revearse camera coming on when revearse is selected and thats the option it also gives.

Waste of time using it - its been years now i have had my rear view on permanantly and day or night it just gives a non distractive rear view which you dont get with a civic mirror because of the design of the stupid spoiler built into the window exactly where you need to view and blocking the view nicely !

sammii1991x

Postby sammii1991x » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:33 pm

Thank you both!
Rear view isn't great in the Megane either as the window is always dirty! Lol

Return to “ICE”