Updatelist compatible displays

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Updatelist compatible displays

Postby tomalamix » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:24 am

hy everyone,

Ive bought an update list radio for my megane, it have installed the tuner list but its so limited that ive decided to change it.

ive got the new radio, the update list and so far i have 2 problems: one is the backlight but that i can work it out and change it; the 2nd problem is the display, the one i have it's not compatible with the new one because of the renault transition on 01/2005 from the direct and dedicated communication between the radio and display to the more modern usage of the CAN lines that belongs to the car, making the radio part of the network, maybe for future evolution. Well, apart from that i need to put there a different display but which one?

Every single one i see on Ebay is not possible to identify them as Tuner or update list. I know clio, twingos and maybe other models too can donate the display to my car if these are update list, but when the display are out of the donner car, on some shelf on a scarp yard how can i know if its tuner or update list? The reference 8200XX... can be used but so far i haven't found a reliable source of which reference to use.

Can you please tell which references should i consider for an update list with red backlight? We can try to build a database for future reference for other meganenthusiasts.

thanks everyone

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Re: Updatelist compatible displays

Postby tomalamix » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:43 pm

Ok, ive got one:

Red light, TunerList: 8200107839
black letters, grey background, dont know if its tuner or updatelist, (no buttons on the front): 8200755120
Red light, Updatelist: 8200380298--A

cheers

Return to “ICE”