Help with Tuner list/Update list

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

bignath
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II Oasis 3dr 1.4 16v 2005

Help with Tuner list/Update list

Postby bignath » Fri May 09, 2014 12:05 pm

My wife just purchased a Renault megane II 2005 Oasis 3 door and it had a after market stereo in so wanted to remove and fit an original one back in.
I've been looking at them on ebay and the wife had gone ahead and bid on a tuner list one and was delivered today. She didn't know the difference between the two (Dito), Just tried fitting to car and it gets power to eject cd (No sound) but no display and all I get when I push the other buttons is a loud beep. Does anyone know if its a faulty stereo or needs to be the update one ?
Thanks
Nathan.

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Re: Help with Tuner list/Update list

Postby morganjake1544 » Fri May 09, 2014 6:32 pm

The Oasis model was fitted as std with the Update list unit.
I think I read somewhere that the connectors on the rear of the update list/tuner list units are different which may be the problem if that is indeed the case.
:)

Always assuming that the person who swapped out the original unit didn't cock something up.
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

bignath
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II Oasis 3dr 1.4 16v 2005

Postby bignath » Sat May 10, 2014 7:41 am

Cheers for that will look for and update list model , Are all the front door speakers the same as at the moment she has got Infinity make ones fitted and want to go back to Renault ones.

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Postby morganjake1544 » Sun May 11, 2014 3:20 pm

I think they're all the same fitment but if the Cabasse optional stereo was fitted they may have been a higher wattage. But an Oasis had the std ones fitted originally.

:)
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

Return to “ICE”