Double din help!

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Ashley1
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 Dynamique with pan roof

Double din help!

Postby Ashley1 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:48 pm

Hello, I'm new here so if this post is in the wrong place I apologise.

I recently bought a Megane Dynamique and instead of the usual single din cd/radio it has that plus a 6CD changer underneath it, I already own a double din Sony WXGT90BT, went to halfords today to get it fitted and they said it can't be done as there isn't a fascia made for it!

Can anyone help me?

peterabbott33
Currently Drives:: 2005 '55 Renault Megane II 1.5DCi 5dr Hatchback Remapped

Re: Double din help!

Postby peterabbott33 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:09 pm

its not a halfords jobbie i'm afraid, takes a hacksaw/ cutoff tool & a file to get the fascia to fit. A bit of a pain but can be done to a good standard in a couple of hours, taking your time. Between the two DIN's (Stereo op, CD Changer bottom on yours) there's a piece of plastic that needs to be cut out. Then the surrounding edge needs to be filed/cut away to make enough room for your fascia adapter to fit, as the new double-DIN slot you've made is a bit of a funny size and the dimensions are not correct. Once fettled to the right size, you can clip the fascia into place (comes with metal prongs to keep it in place) and then slot your double-DIN stereo in, after adding your wiring adapters of course. My car didnt have the CD Changer (had a tray instead), but it doesn't make any difference. Here's a link to the fascia that you need, made by Connects2. IGNORE the fact that it says 'Megane 2007- Onwards', its a lie. Very confusing, I know!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CT24RT08-Rena ... 25686fb310

Here's a link to another thread containing pictures of my stereo after fitting :)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22840

Return to “ICE”