Built in CD changer to new HU

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

TheCrusher
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.09 DCi 130

Built in CD changer to new HU

Postby TheCrusher » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:21 pm

Right, I know I need an interface to run steering control, but can I power/use the OE CD changer? Fitted my old Sony 8500(?). Got to order the interface, but was wondering if I can get one to use the changer. :?:

Got to get an amp next to run my sub too!! Last car had Bose amp built in, but wiring on Bose is a mare, especially when couple with crazy Italian looms!! :D

Cheers for any advice!!

TheCrusher

Re: Built in CD changer to new HU

Postby TheCrusher » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:03 pm

Ok, wrong stereo, Pioneer 8500 DAB is the HU.

Do I take it nobody knows, or nobody cares? LOL

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Postby freelanderuk » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:40 am

I think that when most people change their head unit they remove the oem cd changer, I have a lead for steering wheel controls for sale in the for sale section :-)
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:32 pm

Aren't CDs obsolete? A2DP with your phone sitting in the pocket might be more convenient. It will also warn you about speed traps and do the phone business, everything hands free. This is a default setup in Megane III. The beauty is that wherever you were listening music, in the car it will continue from the same point.

I couldn't be bothered with Megane II, but for TTS I bought an interface block, which is plugged in between the OEM head unit and the standard connector. Then, an Android phone becomes fully integrated, and you can use the steering wheel buttons and display. There might be similar products for your car as well.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

TheCrusher

Postby TheCrusher » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:49 pm

It's ok, I've found a fascia which will fit in and take the single DIN HU and give me a couple of cupholders and a CD storage tray. Just wanted to fill the hole the CD changer would leave so figured I'd leave it in there and if it's in there may as well use it. :)

Cheers :D

Return to “ICE”