Front door speaker upgrade - can 6.5" be fitted easily?

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

justice28
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 1.6 16v

Front door speaker upgrade - can 6.5" be fitted easily?

Postby justice28 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:19 pm

Last thing to do after adding a Sony iPod compatible cd player, 2 x JVC amps and a 12" sub is the front speakers!
The general consensus seems to be "just put in the Pioneer TS-Q131C and jobs a goodun'.
I am running about 60w RMS per corner with the JVC amp and the Pioneers look a bit light on the power handling front.

Can someone let me know if they can take a bit of power without distorting/cracking up?

I am missing mid bass and I am concerned these speakers will not give me what I want. Other option is to try going for 6 1/2" components. I can see a few threads discussing them but no clear answer as to who has fitted what and what sounds great. My tastes are mixed, from rock, pop to electro and bass tunes, so they have to be good all-rounders.

I am ok at installation so I do not mind a bit of 'fiddling about' but I do not want to go to door builds or pods at this stage as I am possibly changing cars in the new year.

Any links to builds/advice etc. greatly appreciated!

Mark :D

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Re: Front door speaker upgrade - can 6.5" be fitted easily?

Postby joeishmather » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:20 am

They arent a direct fit, the door card will need cutting, the other issue is the deoth of the speaker, if you want the window to be able to open there isnt much depth available...

marshey
Learner Driver

Re: Front door speaker upgrade - can 6.5" be fitted easily?

Postby marshey » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:49 pm

I will probably be selling my doorcards soon when i start building my new ones.

They hold a 5.25" at top and two 6.5" at bottom.

Return to “ICE”