Hi All, Noob Question Here! :)

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

theseriojca
Currently Drives:: 2008 CC Dynamique

Hi All, Noob Question Here! :)

Postby theseriojca » Thu May 30, 2013 10:06 pm

Hi All!

Just registered here the other day, loads of great info and friendly advice, loving it!

Purchased our first Renault last week, a 2008 CC 1.6, only 19k on it, great condition, loving it so far! And, thinking of my first car, I'm planning on making a few 'improvements', and would love to begin with the stereo/headunit (it's an update list one, tg!).

Got an AUX connector of eBay which I am planning to add, and a Dash Genie mount, hopefully they work together well! Now, to the actual question:

What is the best way to keep neat and tidy, as I hate wire mess, it really spoils the clean look of the car! Should I run the 3.5mm jack through a wee hole in the compartment under the stereo, given the phone will be on the dash, or is there a way to run it through the inside of the dashboard, and pop it out through a vent? Or would you not recommend that? Also, has anyone here used or heard of the Belkin Bluetooth Aircast? Kinda interested in that as well!

Oh well, that's it for a start, thanks in advance for you advice, will prob have lots more questions to come!

Cheers!

roganp
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Kia Carnival babybus, Megane 2hatch

Re: Hi All, Noob Question Here! :)

Postby roganp » Fri May 31, 2013 5:11 am

Where's the phone going to sit on the dash. Agree that wires look horrific so best to find a spot close to a seam you can run the wire through

Ldthomas
Currently Drives:: 2007 Renault Megane 1.5 DCI

Postby Ldthomas » Fri May 31, 2013 5:22 am

What about into the glovebox? I know that it may be out of the way to get too....but it will be completely unseen if coming thru a hole in there? :D
1.5 Dci 106bhp (57 Plate)
White L.E.D Side, Interior and Number Plate Lights
Upgraded CD Player, Front speakers, 6x9's, 1200w Sub and Amp.
K&N Air Filter
5000k H.I.D headlights

theseriojca
Currently Drives:: 2008 CC Dynamique

Postby theseriojca » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:54 pm

thanks guys, fitted the dash genie mount on top of the clock/info display and ran the AUX cable thru the box underneath the headunit! both wires kinda run thru a seem in the panels, so not too visible (i hope :) )

still thinking of a bluetooth kit, but would like one that does SOT, as in silences the radio for calls or satnav instructions, any ideas?

btw, the car just got a name, 'khloe', and when asked why, 'mrs' explained it's cuz it's french and it's got a big bum! (like khloe kardashian :D ) oh women!

Delboymel
Currently Drives:: Megane II Coupe Cabriolet DCI 120

Postby Delboymel » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:59 pm

Hi there - i very recently got the Pioneer DA100 App Radio fitted to my car. See here --> viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15048&start=15

Am v pleased with it, as means i can run certain apps from my phone directly onto the 7 inch display (including sat nav ones) and also has a built in Bluetooth with a decent external mic.
A girlie from Dorset driving a Megane II Coupe Cab 1.9 DCI

Return to “ICE”