Chinese DVD/GPS 2-Din

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

pmh
Currently Drives:: Renault Mégane Tourer -08.

Chinese DVD/GPS 2-Din

Postby pmh » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:05 pm

Hello from Sweden.
I'm new to the forum but have been lurking around here for a while and seen a few people who have bought a Chinese OEM 2-Din unit for their cars. I have an 2008 tourer that I want to fit a rear view camera to but for that I need a display. So I have found this: 2-Din DVD/GPS

For the "buy now" price I also get the camera and navigation. You people who have bought one or a similar unit for another car, how do you think it work? GPS, responsivness, steering wheel control etc? In my opinion it looks great and it fits right in without the need for adapters.
The other option I'm currently looking into is getting a used Pioneer AVH-3300BT, buy the necessary wires, facia etc and a rear view camera. In the end it will cost me about as much, maybe a few quid less but I won't get navigation since that unit for Pioneer is just silly expensive.

So what are your opinions if you got the china unit and what would you recommend doing?

Regards,
Magnus Halvarsson

Derekosb
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane CC 1.9 DCi Dynamique
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq12 ... eStrip.jpg

Re: Chinese DVD/GPS 2-Din

Postby Derekosb » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi Magnus,

I have been watching this post and am disappointed you have not had an answer as I have been wanting to get the same unit :-)

Anyone out there who bought one have an opinion on them?

(or will I need to be a guinea pig..... :conf )

Derek

ziik
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: BMW X5 3LTR D
MEGANE CC 2007

Postby ziik » Fri May 11, 2012 10:50 pm

Hi there,

I bought this system off this forum, I think it's brill the steering controls work perfect quick response . The sat nav I got working once as I think the memory card messed up but it was good you have the music playing in background and full screen with maps on. I think newer model has pip function but I can't fault it. I use the bluetooth for my iPhone 4s bit seem to have low voice so volume is on 27 . I brought this as it plays every format possible with pioneers I found it wouldn't play alot of my DVDs from abroad but this does.

It personal preference depending on what you want it for. My main purpose was steering control comparability and playing my DVDs.

Hope this gelps

Marcel
Currently Drives:: Megane

Postby Marcel » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:45 pm

I've been waiting for mine from this supplier for nearly 4 weeks with still no expected date, can't answer about the unit yet but the supplier does not have them in stock they use your money to order from their supplier( very annoying). I've since found them on amazon cheaper. Just so you're aware mate.

Return to “ICE”